liver function test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liver function test

Ho, sorry to satrt another new thread on this, but I couldnt find my last one. I have just had the result's back and it is amber, which mean's it's not great butnot terrible either, has anyone else had this and what sort of timescale does the liver take to recover,obviously I have to stop drinking, which is going to be really hard now I know I have to, it makes me want to drink more. help pleASE
    Twitch

liver function test

What does Amber mean?...obviously not great, but you say you can stilll recover? And how did you know? What made you seek medical attention? Sorry, I am clueleess about htis stuff, and I NEED to be more informed due to my own sistuation. My husband has cerosis and he says if he drinks he can feel pain in his kidneys.
    Give a man a beer, he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, he'll waste a lifetime.

Comment

liver function test

Hi Tawny,

The good news is that the liver is a very forgiving organ.

In most cases it only takes about 4 -6 weeks of total abstinence to get a normal reading.

Best of luck.

Jackie xxx
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

liver function test

Hi Tawny~
        I'm with you on the losing posts problem..... I don't seem to be getting any responses to mine either. I wonder how you keep track of what threads you've posted on.....there are so many.
        Where did you get this liver test anyway? Are you in the U.S.? I would like to do it.

Comment

liver function test

Hi tawny,,i don't know about the "amber" thing but I had a blood test which came back with high liver enzymes. My doc told me if I don't stop or cut back immensely I would be dead in 5 years. So it's been about 4 weeks and I go back this week for a follow up test to see how it is now. I've been (mostly) AF free that whole time. I have high hopes things will be better. I know how you feel and I know how scared you may be. Drink tons of water and do some exercise,,nothing crazy,,a walk now and then is great. Reading posts and staying AF will help. Just take it an hour at a time if you need to and don't look too far into the future because at this point it will be overwhelming. Good luck and we all know what you are going through..
          Every day is not 100%, however, it is 100% better than my best day of drinking..

Comment

liver function test

thank you all, I got the test in uk, it is a blood test that you send off, basically the result's are, green, amber, dark amber and red, mine is light amber, so I need to not drink for a month, excersise more, I eat really well but i do take a lot of prescription painkiller's too, so I need to cut back on them as well, very scary, I have decided to go with the october challange and retest then
            Twitch

Comment

liver function test

Hi, tawny - Hope all goes well for you. Hang in there. I don't know what type of other painkillers you are on, but in case you or anyone else is unaware, the over the counter painkiller acetaminophen, sold as Tylenol in the US, can be very hard on the liver, especially if combined with alcohol. This is the stuff you can buy at any store, and is a common ingredient in OTC cold medications as well, so always avoid this stuff in combination with AL.

Much love to you :h
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

liver function test

I swallow cocodamol like smarties, and mefanemic acid, or I should say I did, cut right back in the past couple of day's, only took 1 tab today so far normally I would be up. thank's for the info, to about my 10th by now.
                Twitch

Comment

liver function test

oop.s got that in the wrong place sorry.
                  Twitch

Comment

liver function test

Hi Tawnywitch,
                    Yep as the great JC said (that's Jackie Claire,not Jesus Christ!!) the liver is a very forgiving organ.In animals,they can have up to 70% of their liver damaged before showing clinical signs such as jaundice etc etc.I wonder how much damage is in humans before we start showing severe signs!! If only we paid more attention to our bodies huh! My liver enzymes are mildly elevated also,only just a few points above normal.But I have reduced my AL intake to half of what it was & planning to reduce further,with extended periods AF.
                    Also,as someone said earlier paracetamol & other painkillers are absolute hell for your liver but hey,I'm not in a position to dismissively say, stop taking them....what about other methods of pain relief? Meditation?
                    I've got the MWO cd's & the hypnosis one is fantastic - you could imprint to yourself on there to try & block out the pain perhaps?
                    The supps are fab also to try & assist your liver in repairing as much as possible.
                    Milk thistle,globe artichoke,dandelion.Go hard on those.
                    I'll be going back to Doc in approx 1 month i reckon to re-check my liver enzymes to see if they've improved.
                    Good luck to you!

Comment

liver function test

:H
                      beagle,
                      I had thought of changing my name after the 1st time I just used the initials. bit late now.
                      obviously will confirm after I've done a bit of walking on water.

x
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

liver function test

I'll take some bread & fish JC but hold the water into wine scenario....:H

Comment

Working...
                        X