THE NEXT DAY THREAD, October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Mr G - would you consider re-posting your excellent post of this morning here? )

Morning all - September's done and dusted. Let's make October OURS.

GREAT idea Tawns.....October is here..new start...We own it...
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Morning all- I'm healing from an atrocious relapse (literally, healing!!)
      Anyway, all the booze in the house id gone and I'm doing AF October..or OctSOBER.
      At the moment I'm excited but I'm not kidding myself.
      Have a great day all.

xo

Comment

Mame & G-String...just read your posts this morning. I love youse.
        Oh and G I'll have you know I was in beddy bies by 8pm last night...but that's only coz I was sick as a dog from the night before.

Comment

Ok - here is what I had said earlier this morning. Mr G - loved your one too. Very goood thoughts to help me on my way.

From 7:30 this morning
          OK, it is Octsober. I am sober. And I am going to be for the rest of my days. (and I'm going to keep saying that until I believe it!!).

in a funny sort of way, I wonder whether this might be a better mental place to start my third AF attempt. I managed a couple of months earlier this year and last year .... so I know I can do it. I just need to decide that I will. And to be quite honest, today I dont feel like it, and dont even feel like trying. But I'm going to for very rational reasons. And I'm needing to stay strong at the moment, so this might as well be another thing to stay strong about!!

I'm just listening to the radio and reports from Samoa. It sounds like the death toll will be much higher than originally thought. I'm feeling very teary, but then I'm doing a lot of that at the moment.
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hope Mr G re-posts it here.... I haven't read it. Been off the air a couple of days.
            Hope you are all well. Will check in later to-day.

Comment

Okay, so OctSober really begins tomorrow... I wanted to stay dry today so I could be "squeaky-clean" at 12 midnight tonight, but it's really tough... maybe I'll just start tomorrow with everyone else.

Can anyone suggest threads that help you to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, family illusions, etc.? I tend to "itch for a drinky" when I'm feeling any of these which is almost all the time (work and such).

Good luck, everyone

Comment

[QUOTE=tawnyfrog;726325](Mr G - would you consider re-posting your excellent post of this morning here?

Ooops. I posted it in a new thread. I was ploughing through September TND and found Sir G's excellent post. I thought it was very deserving of a thread of it's own.
                Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                AF May 23 09 to July 09
                AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your brother Angel. Feel free to email me anytime. I'm still here and there.
                  Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                  AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Angel! You gave up the smokes??? Well done girl.

And yeah, I bought a pack a couple of weeks ago. Lasted me a couple of weeks too. But I can seriously say, I am over the smokes.
                    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                    AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Mame - lovely to see you again. I relate to what you are feeling.
                      Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                      AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Are any other Aussies here on Westnet? I just logged on again and their main page news item was Hugh Jackman bagging out someone in his audience for having their mobile phone on. Does anyone really care???
                        No mention of Tonga (where I was in 1996... lovely place) or Samoa. What a shame the news is reduced to trivial drivel.

Comment

Hey Rags, log onto some news websites. You will get the news. Let me know if you want links. I have my favourites come in automatically each day. I get the news before the nightly broadcast, so if it is something really important like this, you know to watch.
                          Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                          AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

I'm looking up Tonga now, but if there isn't a mention, it usually means no news is good news. And that's coming from a newspaper person.
                            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                            AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

The Tongan government says it has reports of 10 deaths on the island of Niuatoputapu, which borders Samoa, after this morning's earthquake and tsunami.

Twenty-eight people are confirmed dead in Samoa and American Samoa after tsunamis caused by a series of undersea earthquakes in the Pacific Ocean.

Coastal areas were deluged by huge waves caused by the 8.3-magnitude earthquake.

It is feared the death toll will rise. Witnesses say buildings have been toppled and entire villages have been wiped out.

The tsunami warning for the region has been cancelled, and senior meteorologist with the Australian Warning Centre Tony Leggett says he does not expect any more tsunamis.

"I don't think any areas will have a significant impact, compared to what happened in Samoa," he said.
                              Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
                              AF May 23 09 to July 09

Comment

Working...
                              X