X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD, October

Thank's Tip! Will do.
    Have a great rest of your day.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hello, ND gang! Haven't been here in a while, but love to read your posts. You guys are a hoot!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Guitarista;747058 wrote: Thank's for the pic of the toga girl's. Is that you at the front, searching for a grape?
        *chuckle chuckle chuckle* Thanks G - needed that this morning. I'm sure you'll be sorely missed at the old job - enjoy your last day.
        Morning all.....my sore throat no go away...however, I'm off to see James to try and sweat it out.
        Love youse.

And hey Rubes - how you doin'??

xo

Comment

Hi all,
          Mr G - have a great last day at work!!

Love the toga girls Fickle!

Despite everything not a bad week. I managed to stick to all my exercise goals although didn't manage the AF ones. No-bender beckons!!!
          Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Hi Mame - x posted.
            Good to hear you're on board for No-bender...we can fecking do itthis time!!

xo

Comment

Hi Angel,

Yes we can!!!

I have my plan in place and all written up. And part of it is that when I hit the 1st of the month on Sunday that I'm not hungover!!!

the other big part is reading the Octsober and Army threads .... want to spend a bit more time on MWO, but that commodity has been limited recently, so I tend to come to NDT for light relief!! (which thankfully there is a lot of!!!)

Anyway have a great Friday evening everyone!!

rose

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Lateish check-in from me.

I was thinking today that whilst we love celebrating milestones and successes, NOBODY should feel despondent if they stuff up. The big thing is not to give up. I've been here a long time and watched people try over and over again until one day ... it just seems to click.

Love Wavey's NoBender idea. I think it's a realistic goal for those who can't commit to a totally AF plan at the moment.

It's funny, but, it's actually not the "success" posts that keep me on track. It's posts like Fickle's 3 bottles of Chateau deChunder that make me literally cringe and feel nauseous because I remember exactly how I would have felt the next day. And the day after that. Can't recall if it was Betty or Angel who gave the port a big hiding with the cheese course and am also reminded of the fierce port-headaches. For dog's sake - how can anyone just have one port? Yes, I'll have another and another ... Shudder. So, guess what I'm trying to say is - you know your own boundaries. Set your own realistic plan and then stick to it.

Enough of this seriouosity! It's Melbourne Cup next Tuesday. Even if you don't care diddly-squat about horse racing, we must make it an event! Choose your wardrobe. Make a fashion statement. Anybody know how to run a sweep?

Might stick my head in later ...

Comment

Tawny -

hopefully a sweep page is attached. (If not, I just got it off the internet, and sure that there are lots!!)

We just need as many people as there are horses ...... and to be randomly allocated. But I'm in for one!!

Having successfully organised Mr G's party, I vote you to organise the sweep!!

Now we just need prizes ............

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

sorry - not sure why it is't attaching, but as I say, there are lots around!!!!

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

tawnyfrog;747235 wrote: Lateish check-in from me.

It's funny, but, it's actually not the "success" posts that keep me on track. It's posts like Fickle's 3 bottles of Chateau deChunder that make me literally cringe and feel nauseous because I remember exactly how I would have felt the next day. And the day after that. Can't recall if it was Betty or Angel who gave the port a big hiding with the cheese course and am also reminded of the fierce port-headaches. For dog's sake - how can anyone just have one port? Yes, I'll have another and another ... Shudder. So, guess what I'm trying to say is - you know your own boundaries. Set your own realistic plan and then stick to it.

*hand goes up* that was me...but I only had 2 glasses, still, had a headache.
                      Tawny, you seem to have it so together. I can't ever imagine you being a mess....ha! You mod right?? So how often do you drink?? Did you do some AF time first?? Did you struggle at first?? questions questions...

So I went & saw James this morning...it's official, I have a new love and it's spin classes. Now I would just love Mr Cakes to come with me.
                      Ahhh, winding down for the day on a Friday...yay.

xo

Comment

Oh, and I'll put a buck on the gee gees.

Comment

Tips for The Melbourne cup
                          1. Efficient ( the recent who ha about here "abcess toe" or whatever is rubbish.... designed to raise the odds if she runs she will win)
                          2. Viewed ( caufield cup winner and bloody Bart Cummings horse)
                          3.Like a Ding
                          4. Master O' Riley
                          and this gelding "JAMES" seems to be well trained!!!!
                          Usuall disclaimer applies as far as tipping goes..... off for a while shits hit the fan at work ( wont be posting) you guys are grouse..... I hear a collect "sigh" thank god for that:H we can post now
                          Take care all
                          Reg

Comment

Reg - you taking your roomy shorts somewhere?? I hope you can fix the probs at work.
                            Stay strong, brother.

xo

Comment

Guitarista;747058 wrote: Morning all!
                              Thank's for the pic of the toga girl's. Is that you at the front, searching for a grape?
                              LMAO G, needed that! You are a true Honey & the greatest inspiration to me.. Glad I made it in the nick of time to give you a big CONGRATS!! Best of luck with the new job.

Am now the proud owner of a zillion bits of kitchen cabinetry which may take me the rest of my life to put together, but HEY! Ripping out the old one will be HOURS OF FUN! Spending the Xmas Hols living in the rubble will be interesting in the meantime.

Mame, Angel, I shall be joining you in the month of 'NOBENDERs' AFinG if i can
                              I am back to work on Monday so hoping to settle into the slide towards christmas without too many dramas.. although knowing my job it may hold a few surprises in store

Tawny, thanks for letting me know that posting that rough stuff was not hopeless but usefull - I was truly mortified that I'd done that after all those days, strong motivation & good intentions. Thank you once again for the seriously good advice and much hugs & grattitude to you my friend.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, part of NOBENDER should be (for me) a joy book.. where I write down each day the things I am grateful for (thank you again MR G for the KEY concept you are truly brillant) to stop me getting down about stuff.. but it won't be posted here because it would be too MUSHY!

Reggie, many thanks for the Cup tips.. so sick of hearing about HAloween from the kiddos.. their generation is missing out completely on our traditions! Good luck with the work blues matey.. O'd advice & stupid but true: NEVER LET A MUG GET YOU DOWN! (some of us are old enough to remember what a 'Mug' was in colloquial terms - translation: if you do not respect a person, how can you allow them to cause you to disrespect yourself?) Taking my own advice upon my return to work I promise.

Comment

Evening all!
                                The alcoholic olympic's? Oh yes. I competed many times. It does eventually become clear what our option's really are, and how serious the choice is. We really must be careful, and take care of ourselves in the process, up to that point.

Hope not too much embuggerance afoot at work Reg.
                                I'll put a buck each way on Subzero.

Take care folk's!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X