An incredibly wise post I read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was posted by Guitarista in The Next Day Thread (September). I thought it was such a wise post that it deserved it's own thread. I hope you don't mind G.

AF is the way to go. It looks to be impossible as a lifestyle from a distance, but we can, and do create an af lifestyle, and reclaim our lives, and ourselves. A life where the constant thoughts of getting trashed are reduced to a once in a while passing thought, that is so weak, and has become so unattractive, irrational, and on balance, when we quickly weigh it up (for me, in a split second) is something we actually are not interested in doing. It's a slow re-wiring of our mind, and habit/routines, which means our thinking. Do the work, be persistent, patient, ruthless, smart, relaxed, and go for it. There are many humps and bumps, especially in the early day's. If we ride these through, we will come out the other side a smilin'! Just some thought's.......
    Best wishes folk's!
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Well said! Thanks for sharing Guitarista and Pan-icked.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Mr G, you are truly amazing and so very right. Thank you for this.

Hi there Pan! Good to see you.
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Mr G has many wondeful insightful posts.......not to be hidden under a bushel in the NDT!!

Good on ya Mr G!
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

What a wonderful post. Would that I too could become as wise as you are, Mr G! Posts such as these have a huge influence on me.

Comment

yo G tht is inspiring,and pan thnx for putting it on,as soon as we understand we dont live in a perfect world,but what it is ,is,we accept and get on with our journey,gyco

Comment

Pan -icked;726446 wrote: This was posted by Guitarista in The Next Day Thread (September). I thought it was such a wise post that it deserved it's own thread. I hope you don't mind G.

AF is the way to go. It looks to be impossible as a lifestyle from a distance, but we can, and do create an af lifestyle, and reclaim our lives, and ourselves. A life where the constant thoughts of getting trashed are reduced to a once in a while passing thought, that is so weak, and has become so unattractive, irrational, and on balance, when we quickly weigh it up (for me, in a split second) is something we actually are not interested in doing. It's a slow re-wiring of our mind, and habit/routines, which means our thinking. Do the work, be persistent, patient, ruthless, smart, relaxed, and go for it. There are many humps and bumps, especially in the early day's. If we ride these through, we will come out the other side a smilin'! Just some thought's.......
              Best wishes folk's!
              Perfect timing. This is just what I needed to read. Thank you both so much.
              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Very wise words indeed - thanks Pan for reminding us. Something to give a newcomer hope, and added inspiration for those that have been doing this a little while. Thanks, Guitarista!
                ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

I love that hidden jewels are put on display. What a lovely community we have to notice those and put them up to share with the motive of love and support. Makes my heart sing!
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thoughts of getting trashed are reduced to a once in a while passing thought, that is so weak, and has become so unattractive, irrational, and on balance, when we quickly weigh it up (for me, in a split second) is something we actually are not interested in doing.
                    Now THERE is a real goal.
                    Thank you, Mr. G and thank you Pan! Actually, Pan, this is a wonderful idea... to put a spot light on something that really grabbed you. We can't all possibly read ALL threads and everyone has their 'usual' threads and we probably miss some really good stuff.
                    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

My thoughts exactly, Sunshine. I read Popeye's post, and saved it-but forgot to save who wrote it. I had to really search to find it again!

So, thanks for the idea, Pan. If anyone has other posts that they found meaningful, I'd love to read them.

Comment

Working...
                      X