Need some help and guidence please on moving on after a split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi not been on for a little while not doing to bad on the baclofen and its working and helping a lot. But can anybody help with an emotional problem. Split with my ex nearly a year ago, he says he did not like me when I had been drinking (fair comment) but I just cant get over it, he really was the love of my life and I just wish my love for him had of been bigger than my love of the bottle, trying my best to get that sorted but I still love him so much and would do anything to get another chance with him . Any advice on how I can move on ???? I woke at 4 this morning thinking of him and ended up crying thats why I came on here !

Oh mate...I'm so sorry.
    One of my besties once said to me "I can't take the pain away for you, but I promise it'll get better over time" and it did.
    :l:l:l

xo

Comment

I split too a year ago. Relationships are so complex. I believe souls come together to give the gift of opportunity for healing. To serve one another in the effort to overcome challenges. I don't have any answers. My situation is completely different but addiction was certainly a component and a difficult soul challenge. I am interested in the work of Colin Tipping. Perhaps you could look at his website and find a book you feel might help you. Radical Forgiveness is a good start.

I went to a workshop of his. We told about how it was we got to be there. This group, this time. How did we know about him, etc. I didn't know who my roommate would be; I just said I'd bunk up for a cheaper price. Besides, I was curious tosee who the universe would pair me up with. When she walked into the room I knew. Later she looked at me and said "Did you know it was me?" "Yes". Oh I digress.... but she lived in the town in which I grew up. And both of us found out about Colin in bookstores. In her instance the book literally fell off the shelf. In mine, I walked into a store I had never been in and was compelled to walk to the shelf and pull it out without reading the title. Funny how the universe works, isn't it? Anyway, maybe your post, me reading it and responding will help. In any event, I empathize with your pain. There are 7 stages they say to grief or overcoming a loss. Did you let youself do the anger stage yet? If not, you need to. And that's where this book will come into play. I wish you the best.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

thank you will look up colin tipping, i have done anger tears sadness sicknees drunkeness now want so happiness and some help to move on have felt the pain and want it to go away

Comment

Working...
        X