For the horsey people here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What big hearts we have around here! A couple of you have some previously abused animals--very heartwarming to know they are now in good loving homes. I have two arabians--have had up to 5 or 6--I just love getting in a new guy now and then (so far prefer the geldings over the mares).

But now I am committing myself to just these two--kind of like finally committing myself to make a change about my wine drinking. Big steps these commitments!

Glad to have found this thread and common ground with you all.
    Open
    "Tell me, what do you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Comment

How wonderful - welcome Gold and Openheart! I had no idea we have so many horse lovers here! I heard musings about a MWO convention... how cool would it be to have a MWO trail ride, eh? Should only take us about a month or so to ride to a convenient meeting point! :H
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

having a bit of a down time here, but going riding again this morning so I hope that cheer's me up, love all the horse chat,
        Twitch

Comment

Morning, Ponygirls!

A MWO trail ride..... that's an idea I like, Sunshine! That's one way to make sure you get on your horse every day, since you'd be on the way to somewhere! I had no idea we had so many horse people here either, - however I'm not surprised how many wine drinking horsewomen we have. I know a whole lot of them still, but the percentage maybe isn't any different than the general population. I saw Steeplechasing on TV on Saturday, from NJ and VA, and the spectators ALL had big glasses of wine in their hands. Weird to see since a few months ago I would've wanted to be there, wine in hand, as well. Now I wonder how many of them are alcoholics!

Welcome, openheart! There's a lot of Arabians where I board, including my guy's pasture mate. The barn owner also took in 2 severely abused (seriously underweight, one is worse than I've ever seen) Quarter Horses the other day. These guys are nice, well trained horses, it makes you wonder how they got to that point. We're all rooting for their recovery, and looking forward to the day they look like the rest of the horses out there (fat and sassy). It is heartbreaking to see, though.

Glad you're keeping up the riding, Tawny. It's a nice healthy endorphin release. I know I get it every time I go out even to just visit my boy, even when I don't ride.

Have a great day, everybody! :h
          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Heck yeah, Dance.. just look at Belmont or Kentucky Derby...everyone has a drink in hand. No, I don't want to be that person anymore, either.

Good for you, Tawny (morning ride ) I'm not sure I could swing up yet after last Saturday! Hopefully, now with the work at my property out of the way, I'll get at least one riding day/week in again and the moaning and groaning can stop!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X