Don't you ever wish....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't you ever wish....

Don't you ever wish that you could regard alcohol the same way you would eggplant or marshmallows? You may think indifferently of eggplant or marshmallows, you may even like them very much. But you don't obsess about them daily and crave them and mentally picture yourself making recipes out of them and visualize yourself eating them. Instead they probably just pop into your head every once in awhile, you notice them on the grocery store shelf and just walk by.

Alcohol was like eggplant to be before I was 24. Popped into my head every once in awhile, etc. Then everything changed. Those were the days!!

Don't you ever wish....

It's unfortunate we have that chemical imbalance, for sure, Work.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Don't you ever wish....

Great analogy, Work! I never could get a buzz off eggplant, I guess. :H

The good thing about being AF is, I am hopefully reprogramming myself that AL is just poison, the amounts where it provides health benefits are like 1/2 glass a day (what is the point of that?), and I see it as something that was killing me very slowly, but was catching up the older I got.

That said, I had another beer dream last night (at least I feel disgusted about it though in the dreams), and I saw a Bud Light commercial yesterday that actually made me salivate (now as I remember it too). How gross is that?

If we didn't obsess about AL, we wouldn't be alcoholics. That's one common trait I see in everybody here. And it's pretty obvious to me or folks wouldn't care so much about "modding" (though to each his own, if they are successful and happy with that, that's good). I intended that myself when I came here, but being AF opened my eyes and made me really look at myself and see that will never be a possibility if I never could do it before (in 36 years of drinking).

Just kiss that MF AL goodbye. I sometimes give it a little wave when I pass it at the store, but I keep walking.
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Don't you ever wish....

I wish I could take that first drink and be satisfied with the little buzz I get, rather than want to keep on going.....it is just hard once I get that taste and feeling. After over 30 years of drinking I am no longer getting the good feeling, it is mostly bad. It feels good while I am drinking it and then it is horrible. The hangover lasts way longer than the buzz.
        Redhibiscus

Comment

Working...
        X