Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giving this a discussion board a try....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I'm a 41 year old woman who after 8 years of abusing alcohol pretty much every day has finally said, enough. I want to be able to have a drink, or not - and be able to stop at one. So I read the book, saw my doc, got a prescription for Campral, got my supplements, my yoga and my run/walk plan, and I'm ready to change my life starting this weekend. I quit smoking 8 years ago (eh,hem...see the connection? quit smoking...started drinking) anyway, if I quit smoking I can quit drinking.
    One last comment...monkeys are awful cute - but NOT when they're on you back!

Coty......We have two types on this site: Moderates and Obstainers. Moderates are here for support and allow themselves a couple of drinks and go. Obstainers have stopped drinking all together. You can start off with being a Moderate Drinker if you want..........if it does'nt work out you become an Obstainer. Lot's of people here tried Moderation some have made it some have fiquired out that it just is'nt working for them. Join us...lots of good advice here from both sides. IAD.
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hi Coty
      I would just like to say welcome to this site, its a great site and you will always get alot of support here whenever you need it.
      Good luck
      Ronnie
      :dancin: enguin:
      starting over

Comment

:welcome:

Hi Coty,

You sound as if you got a good plan in place.

Please let us know how you're getting on.

Wishing you all the luck in the world.

Love Jackie xxx
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi Coty,

:welcome:

Stick close to these boards. There are lots of good people here who will support you in your quest.

Comment

Hi Coty, and welcome.
            This is a great place full of loads of lovely, supportive people.
            I hope you find what you need.

Comment

hi coty and :welcome: its just like iads said :goodjob:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hi Coty, :welcome:to MWO ...... this place is fabulous to get support and help from people who have suffered this horrendous addiction and know exactly how you feel.

Keep reading and posting and let us all know how you are getting on.

BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Coty
                  I too am 41
                  I have ''abused'' alcohol every day for the last 10 years. I quit smoking 10 years ago (look what replaced it) I did binge drink in the 5 years before that though, like once per week.
                  I wish I was at your stage to tackle it head on!! I'm just not there yet but know it's killing me.
                  I should know better working in the health sector. I so want to stop and be healthy (and lose the weight it's put on me). I know intricately what it is doing to me but once I start - there is no stopping me - all the hallmarks of addiction!!
                  It's in my hands so why can't I get my act together???
                  Sincere best wishes for your journey - I wish I was as strong!!!

Comment

I hear you and Shame... I'm right there with both of you. Welcome, Coty... oddly, I was thinking of taking up smoking to quit drinking! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                    X