Sunday SHOUT OUT!! (with a difference!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I normally try to check in at least once a week here and usually try to commit to making the Sunday shout out to see how members are progressing.

So I was surprised to come here this morning and not see the usual Sunday Thread! Or maybe It's hiding somewhere else and I haven't seen it!

So anyway my first thought was "What's going on with T?" "Is he on holiday?" "Is he not well?" "Family problems?" "Has he relapsed?" (It can happen to any of us don't forget!). So rather than a normal shout out today I wanted to send some love and energy to somebody other than myself today. I hope you'll join me in doing so. (maybe have a read through the boards and see who may be in need of some today!)

So Rog! I hope you're well my friend and in good spirit.
    colbe! I hope you're finding some peace today and also in good spirit.
    Cindi God bless you, you have struggled a long time with this addiction. I hope with the help and support here and in fellowship you are getting yourself back on track. I am with you in spirit. Greenie. A big shout out to you today too for showing us the true meaning of community and friendship.

And to anyone else who is struggling today please don't give up. There IS light at the end of the tunnel. As Rog would say give yourselves a pat on the back and don't be too hard on yourselves either. If it's one thing I have learned it is that 'beating yourself up will only cause but more hardship in your life in the long run. Be gentle with yourselves and give yourselves a break and be proud of your achievements whether that be one day, one year or one lifetime!

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Glad you started this thread today, Hips. T is on a 'great adventure', a road trip with his son to visit family and friends. Hopefully I'll see him soon, and he's going to try to check in along the way. He'll be so happy to know you got this going today. So a big SHOUT OUT to everyone here, there and to come!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good on you hippie,wondering were it was meself

well done to everybody that drops in here have a happy sober sunday . 262 days alcohol free

:bananacomputer::alf::band2::danthin::rockband:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

LIke Rubes said T is on a road trip. He is coming to see us!!!! He will see me, Rubes, and Greenie along the way. I am very excited to finally meet him. T has held my hand through many dark spots. So here is my SHOUT OUT...have a safe trip Roger, see you soon , I am sober and proud!
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Thanks for the info on T guys! Usually my first thought in the past would of been the negative ones! Glad my first thoughts are becoming more positive today and to hear he's "on holiday"!!lol

Have a great Super Sober Sunday guys!
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Lovely gentle way to start Sunday, thanks Hippie.

whether it's an hour, a day, a month.

Shout and and be proud.

Love Jackie xxx

89 days
            It could be worse, I could be filing.
            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hippie, he's on the kind of trip you would love; no time limits, no plans, friends to provide home and hearth along the way. It's so appropriate you started this thread today. For T, please do it again til he's back. He specificially mentioned this thread before he left, so we know it's important to him. Thank you, love, and know again how much your journey has inspired me.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Happy Sunday All!!

Enjoy the ride Roger!!!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Hipps, you are a lovely thoughtful man.

Mr T, so glad that all is well in your world

Happy Sober Sunday all!

453 days and happy happy happy!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

HAPPY SOBER SUNDAY TO ALL, HOWEVER MANY DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS, OR YEARS YOU HAVE AF! IF YOU ONLY JUST DROPPED IN AND HAVEN'T STARTED, TODAY IS A WONDERFUL TIME TO START!

IT'S 56 DAYS FOR ME, 8 WEEKS NOW. I SAY THAT PROUDLY, BUT ALSO TO INSPIRE EVERY NEW PERSON TO GIVE IT A GO. STAY AF ONE DAY AT A TIME, OR ONE HOUR, OR ONE MINUTE, AND IT DOES ADD UP - IF I CAN DO IT SO CAN YOU!

SO LOTS OF LOVE AND POSITIVE VIBES TO YOU ALL! THANKS TO TIRGS WHO USUALLY STARTS THIS THREAD, (I STAYED UP TILL MIDNIGHT LAST NIGHT LAST LOOKING FOR IT :H), HIS MANY DAYS AF ALWAYS ARE A REMINDER EVERY WEEK THAT IT CAN CONTINUE TO BE DONE, THANKS TO HIPPIE FOR STARTING IT TODAY, THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO POSTS, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE AT IN THE JOURNEY, I FIND MEANING AND INSPIRATION EVERY DAY HERE. I LOVE TO SEE SOMEONE NEW POP IN AND SAY THEY'VE DONE 3 OR 4 DAYS, OR A WEEK, AND FEEL THE LIFTING OF THE SPIRIT IN EVERY ONE. IT LIFTS MY SPIRIT TOO, AND REMINDS ME TO BE GRATEFUL FOR MY BLESSINGS.

TO EVERYBODY STRUGGLING, CONGRATULATIONS ON NEVER GIVING UP, FOR GETTING BACK UP WHEN YOU FALL, AND KNOW THERE IS ALWAYS A HELPING HAND AT MWO, NEVER BE AFRAID TO COME BACK AND TRY AGAIN. AND NEVER , EVER BE SHY ABOUT GIVING YOURSELF CREDIT FOR YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, NO MATTER HOW SMALL YOU MAY THINK THEY ARE. THEY ARE IN REALITY HUGE. NEVER FORGET THAT, AND NEVER STOP TRYING!

THANK YOU ALL! MUCH LOVE!!!! NOW, FOR THE BANANA!!!:banana::disco:
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Congratulations, Dance... oh how I envy you

Comment

Happy sober Sunday everyone.
                        Nine months today and feeling stronger all the time.
                        To carry on Phil's theme, I'd like to send positive, loving energy to everyone at MWO, especially those struggling to keep a lid on it. There is a kinship here, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Comment

HAPPY SOBER SUNDAY EVERYONE ! Good thoughts and prayers are with all my friends here , I'm so glad i found this site , YOU ALL have helped me and you'll never know how grateful i am :h Emmy
                          Non Drinker 9/09
                          Non Smoker 6/09
                          Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Popeye;729204 wrote: Happy sober Sunday everyone.
                            Nine months today and feeling stronger all the time.
                            To carry on Phil's theme, I'd like to send positive, loving energy to everyone at MWO, especially those struggling to keep a lid on it. There is a kinship here, and I'm glad to be a part of it.
                            Your anniversary isn't until tomorrow, Popeye!

Just kidding. Couldn't resist :H

Congratulations :goodjob:

Comment

Thanks for starting this Phil,

So glad you are well! I'm sending positive energy to everyone at MWO as well
                              I am happy to have 193 AF days and 138 NF days today.
                              Life is good

Congrats Popeye on 9 months - Woo Hoo!!
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X