so how much did you/do you all drink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be interesting to know what we all consider alot or not alot as the case may be. When I found mwo I was drinking 5 to 6 cans every night of the week, maybe 7 or so on a sat, I have tried alot to cut it out but it hasnt happened yet. Now I drink only at weekends but I can clock em up then , id say 4 on fri, 6 on sat and 5 on sun...im sick of it all. I wake up on mons feeling mouldy and by tuesday im feeling good again, wed great, thursday even better, fri im ready to go and I do, start the weekend easy, hammer myself sat, hair of the dog sunday.
    Well thats me, what about all of you?

night? you only drank at night? Guess I don't need to say more than that eh?
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

20 years ago, a bottle and a half of wine and a few beers maybe three nights a week and progressing in the last few years to at least a bottle of vodka, occasionally two, between three and six nights a week. I very rarely drank on a Sunday, so I was ready for a weeks work, yet I'd drink through the week. Weird, drinkers logic.
      When I was drinking vodka, after four or five days I physically couldn't drink any more. I'd try though.
      I'm sitting here shaking my head....Ridiculous!!
      Looking back, I'm so lucky to be alive and still have my health.

Comment

Towards the end (not too long ago.....) 2 liters of red wine would not present too much of a challenge to me!

I have just broken into a sweat thinking about that.......WHAT WAS I THINKING!?!?!?!?!
        'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

omg Pops, thats a hole lotta voddy and Grimmers, every night???
          I can see im a bit of a lightweight compared to some of you but still, Im not happy about it , its still not good. Hate the influence to my girls, I never want to see them drunk, life is just too good.

Comment

For me, it wasnt so much my quantities, but the relationship I had with alcohol. I would get home from work, down 2 glasses of wine before I even got my coat off, polish off a bottle within about 45 mins then go to bed if there was no more. Weekends I would drink while I was waiting for the kettle to boil for my coffee in the morning. If I was going out, it would be wine before I left the house then shorts while I was out. I guess I was a daily drinker who binged on occasion. But like I say, it was the mental attitude I had towards it. I would panic if none was available or if the amount wasnt enough for my needs. Sometimes I would go so over the top I had alcoholic poisoning.
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

That's what's interesting ~ how alcohol is so different with everyone. The problem is it is definitely a progressive thing....I see myself drinking way more now than 2 years ago even. I usually drink 3 to 4 glasses of wine per night. Every night. More on the weekend. My glasses aren't the recommended 5 oz either. Probably about 8 oz.

Comment

I drank every day for the past 15 years.

Weekends: 3, sometimes 4 bottles of vodka between Friday evening and Sunday night. With the odd bottle of red wine thrown in to make my drinking SEEM respectable... Weekend drinking was non-stop. I'd wake up at 4 or 6 in the morning, and neck the bottle. It would just continue from there. I'd pass out, wake up and carry on...

Weekdays: 1/2 to 2/3ds of a bottle vodka, plus a bottle of red wine. That was between 6.30 in the evening and around 10.00, when I would pass out.

I shudder to think about it now...

I don't quite have my health, but I'll get here, hopefully. But I do have my sobriety, and I'll hang onto it for all I'm worth.
                I'll do whatever it takes
                AF 21/08/2009

Comment

limers;729234 wrote: omg Pops, thats a hole lotta voddy and Grimmers, every night???
                  I can see im a bit of a lightweight compared to some of you but still, Im not happy about it , its still not good. Hate the influence to my girls, I never want to see them drunk, life is just too good.
                  Hell no Limers, I was a weekender bender....only drank during the week on very rare occasions.....heck the time I have wasted, being wasted, freaks me out completely!
                  'Tis with our judgements as our watches, none go just alike, yet each believes his own - Alexander Pope

Comment

tiptronic_ct;729240 wrote: But I do have my sobriety, and I'll hang onto it for all I'm worth.
                    Yes you do my friend and you will!

Comment

i started drinking seriously about 10 years ago, started with normal 1-2 glasses white wine, past 5-6 year's its been half a bottle evry night and usually two thirds to a whole one once a week, i say i only have one glass, but my glass holds half a large bottle!!
                      Twitch

Comment

startingover;729237 wrote: For me, it wasnt so much my quantities, but the relationship I had with alcohol. I would get home from work, down 2 glasses of wine before I even got my coat off, polish off a bottle within about 45 mins then go to bed if there was no more. Weekends I would drink while I was waiting for the kettle to boil for my coffee in the morning. If I was going out, it would be wine before I left the house then shorts while I was out. I guess I was a daily drinker who binged on occasion. But like I say, it was the mental attitude I had towards it. I would panic if none was available or if the amount wasnt enough for my needs. Sometimes I would go so over the top I had alcoholic poisoning.
                        I can relate to what you're saying. When I got home from work, the 1st thing I would do is head straight to where I kept the vodka... and down a couple of mouthfuls.

My weekend routine consisted of driving from one bottle store to the next (mostly drunk driving), stocking up for the week to come, because I would sh*t myself at the prospect of there not being enough in the house.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

startingover;729237 wrote: Weekends I would drink while I was waiting for the kettle to boil for my coffee in the morning.
                          :H:H Damn kettles! Boiling so slowly they drive us to drink!

At the end, I didn't bother with the kettle part. Just started drinking when I got up on a Saturday, and carried on all day. Sometimes passing out after a few hours, then carrying on when I woke up. Nice.

Popeye - I did exactly the same thing! Didn't drink on Sundays, to be ready for work on Monday, then drank every night of the week before work the next day anyway. Sometimes on Saturdays when I was making myself feel so sick, I'd think "thank god tomorrow's Sunday and I don't *have* to drink".
                          :nutso:
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

I was pretty much putting the vodka away the way Popeye was...

Comment

A 1.75 lt of vodka lasts about 2.5 days... we sure get this down to a science....weekends and holidays are from sunup to sundown....and beyond. Still fighting! Still here!
                              Finally Free

Comment

Working...
                              X