Clear All

The Awakening

Thank you!

Ruby,

A wonderful read and much appreciated!

:l

Comment

The Awakening

Thanks guys. It's worth it if you find something that speaks to you. And everytime I read it, it says more.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Awakening

Oh ruby.........I have never read anything so touching.........thanks a million.

This piece very much reflects where my head is at right now. I have gained much confidence the longer I have remained AF, but it is only very recently that I have come to realise that I have been `doing it all wrong` and that it is what I contribute to this life, as opposed to what I stand to gain, that truly matters.

Thank you..........this is probably the best thing I have ever read in my entire life. :l

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

The Awakening

wow heavy stuff, it reminds me of the time i had one of those lightbulb moments. I was about ten and it dawned on me that there were people in this world who would never know me or i them and that not everything was for me. self awarness?
          maybe...
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

The Awakening

That is just great stuff.

Thanks for posting for all of us to share.

Com1
            Com1

Comment

The Awakening

I found pieces of this writing coming true in my life. There is more work to do.

Thank you so much for sharing this, it's beautiful, immensely helpful. Yes... worth keeping around!

I will pass it on & re-read it often.

Comment

The Awakening

I love this, but the kids part, i know I should live fo myself bla bla bla,,, :H but my wee one's where its really happening, any pationate parents feel the same?
                To see a world in a grain of sand
                And a heaven in a wildflower.
                Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
                And eternity in an hour.

Comment

The Awakening

Yes, Lost. But what KIND of parents are we. I was in rehab, and forced to think of my life in terms of what I was actually giving. If I could not give my sober self, I could not help my children. And, believe me, they are my life.
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Awakening

Hi RubyW nice post..it defines the meaning of real life..thanks..

Comment

The Awakening

Read it often, Daddy. With us, it takes time for some things to really sink in. Glad you're here.
                      sigpic

Comment

The Awakening

:bump: For Nora
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X