Prayer line for Allie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer line for Allie.

I spoke with Allie last night. She has received the news about her mom's test results and so sadly, it's not the good news they were hoping for. Allie's mom will be beginning some pretty aggressive chemotherapy soon. They could use our thoughts and prayers at this time.
    I was waiting for her to post the details about her mom's condition, but she was having some computer problems, and it looks like she still might be, or maybe she is quite involved with just taking care of herself and her family. Just thought it might be nice for her to come back to some support and good positive thoughts her way.
    Love you, Allie:h . You and your mom are definitely on the front of my mind today. Anything we can do, let us know.

Prayer line for Allie.

Just put mine in Allie! Ahh...thinkin about you. gabby
    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

My heart breaks for you Allie but we are here for you and praying for you and your mom. Stay strong!!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Allie-

We are here for you. I am so sorry.

Love,
        Pesto

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you...

A mom is so many different things - mother, best friend, confidant - we are thinking and praying for your and your Mom Allie...:h
          Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
          Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
          Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
          : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
          "

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

My thoughts are with you.

xx waves 2 xx
            Enough is enough

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Allie
              I asked for you on chat this morning and heard the news!! I am shocked and saddened. I was so hoping for good news after this weeks hopeful news. As always, I am here for you. Prayers to you, your mom and your family. Call anytime. We are all here for you at MYO.

Love,

Beth
              formerly known as bak310

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Allie,

I'm so sorry to hear that the news isn't good after all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family darling. I will pray for your mother's strength and her vigorous spirit, and for healing and sustenence from our Lord.

Love,

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Allie... Be gentle with yourselves and each other...
                  :l
                  susan
                  "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

UPDATE

Thank you so much...

I was planning to post an update yesterday after her biopsy results came back, but my internet has been down since yesterday morning. Anyhow, back up and running again now.

She did not get out of her appointment unti late afternoon, by which time I was at home trying to pull off a fancy dinner for her and some of our friends in from out of town to do something special for her whether it wound up being to love on her with bad news, or celebrate. My sister, who took her to the appt gave me a call about ten minutes before they came over for dinner and gave me the bad news. So I had about three minutes to run in the bathroom and cry before I had to pull myself together and try not to burn what I was cooking.

I wont go into all the details, because its complicated, but it was what we had feared, but had gotten a few positive test results back this week and so we were all beginning to think it was NOT cancer. So this was a hard blow to find out that it WAS in fact, what we had feared. Her Oncologist is wonderful, and very kind, but obviously had to be honest. With aggressive chemo, she was told four to six months. Maybe less, maybe more, but that was the average statistic. It is rare, but there is a slight chance that with the chemo, she could go into remission. Some have managed to live for years. So we are choosing to hold onto any hope we have, and at the very least, that her time will be longer.

We had a very nice evening, and as always, Mom was in good spirits and we kept the conversation upbeat and positive. We even found ourselves laughing thoughout the night. She was making jokes about getting a tattoo on the back of her head when her hair falls out just to freak the grandkids out! We had some good laughs about tattoos she could get..

Anyway, she starts chemo in a week and the side effects of this type are quite harsh. I am still in shock, but grateful to have company this weekend and lots of distractions. Not letting myself "go there" yet. We are going out to a fun restaurant tonight with all the girls and Mom and her sister are walking on the beach now and just spending time together.

Life is a journey filled with joys and sorrows. Thanks for allowing me to share all of them with you. Thank you Becca for your sweet, sweet message on my cell. I'm saving it to listen to lots!

Allie
                    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

We're here for you, Allie

Tough, tough time, but please know that so many people--lots who aren't even posting--are sending positive thoughts and prayers to your mom. I'll bet she's tough after all she's been through; you too. You are both in all our hearts right now.

RJ
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Help keep our forum strong--make a contribution to My Way Out. Or show your support by becoming a Subscriber and enjoy enhanced features, as well!

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Sweet Alliekins

I've been thinking about you all day. You sure don't deserve this and neither does your poor mom or the rest of your family. My heart goes out to all of you. Stay strong sweetie. Your mom sounds amazing.

We love you. :l :h
                        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Well, Allie, with the kind of spirit that you Mom has, she seems like the kind who would be the one in a million who would beat this thing!! She sounds like a rare jewel!! I can tell that you all treasure her!

Love, Kathy
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Hey Allie

Just wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you too, i kind of understand what your going through due to supporting by best friend through the same thing 2 yrs back and then another close friend last year... I was also close thier parents and helped a lot with the care.
                            Its not easy but your mom sounds like she has a wonderfull spirit, just like the two people i helped care for ...keep strong honey..and you know we are all here for you

Thoughts of love and peace to you and all of your family

Lou-Lou x x x
                            "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

Prayer line for Allie.

Sorry about that. Stay strong and God bless. Loads of hugs. Carla

Comment

Working...
                              X