Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well

All good things certainly don't last. My wife now wants a divorce. Sure makes me want to drink and I probably will, but that won't fix shit and I know it. I cry and will cry, because my family is not a family. She's a good person and I can't figure it out. Sorry for the vent, but I know this is the place I can do it. I sure hope it gets better and gets better soon. I feel like a failing father and husband.

Well

Maslow,
    Many of us come "broken" for multiple reasons. This relationship may be over, but your life is not and fathering your children is not and you can not do that drunk. God knows it truly sucks to go through a divorce, been there done that, but please don't let it destroy you. Take this time and focus on your recovery. Focus on becoming an even better parent. The one good thing about our disease is we can decide when we stop letting it control us. It is hard work and a true fight, but it can be done. Please continue to post and take strength from some of those that are fighting a good fight. XXXXX
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Well

brittzak,
      Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully, something good will come of this, but it sure doesn't feel that way right now. I guess I can only pray for the best and rely on my faith. It's a crap feeling knowing you don't get to see your children everyday!!!

Comment

Working...
      X