Sex - or more accurately not wanting it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure I'm not alone but I have noone to discuss this with that I can trust. 53. Used to love sex. Couldn't get enough. Now - zilch! Don't care, don't want when it's offered. I oblige my husband but can't get it done fast enough. He blames HRT for my non-interest.
    Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
    AF May 23 09 to July 09
    AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Wish I had words of wisdom for you but I am in the same boat, although minus the HRT because I am almost 15 years younger. Yikes. It is SAD to say the least. I wish you well with the issue though, and will follow the thread closely in case any one offers ideas that might help me as well.

Comment

Golly.....I have the opposite problem.
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

And your secret Gabby?
        Say on......

Comment

ChickenNumber3;737714 wrote: And your secret Gabby?
          Say on......
          i am waiting to gabby :H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I'm the same but it isn't HRT that's causing the lack of interest - age might come into it - I'm 50.

Like the rest of you I'm waiting for Gabby's next input with baited breath!!
            Minnie x

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending - make yours a happy every after :l

Sober since 4 November :fingers:

Comment

Afternoon pan-icked!

Although I'm a martian I can somewhat relate to your story.

I went through a similar experience with my ex-partner where although still very much attracted to her I felt my libido was extremely low and I wasn't willing to engage in any kind of sexual activity with her. I think my self worth and self esteem was at an all time low due to my drinking during this period.

I think sometimes though we can delve to deeply into the reasons why. As you suggested, could it be the HRT? and as Minnie suggested, could it be age? I've often thought that the more I worry about something 'not' happening or 'not' going right in my life is due to the fact that I've had expectations of it always going right in the first place. The more I think about it the more I give myself a hard time over it which subsequently leaves me feeling very negative and worried that things will not change in the future.

I'm not Dr. Phil so I may be talking completely out of my arse but I can relate to your situation in many areas of my life today and not just sex. Don't give yourself a hard time over this and maybe re-approach your GP if you have any real concerns that it maybe the HRT. I know this is quite common as it happened with my own mum when she was on the tablets. I think she was quite grateful to be honest as my dad was a bit of a sex-aholic according to her!! (We talk quite openly these days!!)

Love and Light
              Phil (Not Dr.)
              xx
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

im the same, im 52, just cant see the point anymore, still love my hubby, let me know if you find a cure,
                Twitch

Comment

I am 37 and would rather eat my own toenails..
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;737825 wrote: I am 37 and would rather eat my own toenails..
                    ONEY!!! Girl, you just slay me!!!!

You can get compounded HRT and kick up the testerone part a notch. The ratios of the compounded are for YOU in particular and can be tweaked as needed based on how you feel. Maybe foreplay could be adjusted?
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I am 22 and I am still waiting to get married. I can be horny, but its not all the time.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

one2many;737825 wrote: I am 37 and would rather eat my own toenails..
                        Me too' and i'm 47

Comment

Popeye;737896 wrote: Me too' and i'm 47
                          :H:H:H
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

That's why I don't like prescription meds... too many side effects and although I'm not sexually active at this time, when I want sex, I WANT IT, and I don't want no ol' pill gettin' in the way!

Comment

I'm 47 too and since I've not had a BF in a couple years....well I got to tell you, I probably stare way too long at those hunky guys at the gym. Although I would definitely be a cougar if any of them wanted to date me. LOL

Also, the less I drink these days...the more I want it. Drinking does squash the libidio.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                              X