Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with these drunk dreams??????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning all!!

I've read about drunk dreams here on mwo, never heard of them before that,
    never experienced them...until last night.

Now on day 15, feeling extremely well and hopeful..still determined
    but around 2-3am this morning woke up with a start. I had a dream (nightmare)
    I was back to drinking-heavily, and I remember not feeling good about it.
    When I woke up...I could have sworn I had drank my usual 8 big cans of
    beer, and honestly physically felt hungover!!! and like I was going to
    throw up. So I walked to the bathroom, and kept saying it was just a
    dream..just a dream, and was ticked at myself that I felt so sick seeing as
    there was no real reason for it.

Why?????
    did I feel like I was actually going to be sick?? Went to bed again about
    5 mins later, fell back to sleep although with still a queasy stomach, and guess
    what...went right back into the same damn dream. Been up about an hour now...
    took my L-glut, EPO, and daily vitamin pill.

I'm thankful it was just a dream/nightmare, but it is still so unsettling.

DLA
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also I have to admit, after I woke up the SECOND time feeling like hell,
    that bitch voice came back saying `well if you`re going to feel like this anyways
    you may as well have a drink`. It was only fleeting, and I knew it was a
    nonsense thought that I banished right away..but still. UGHHHH!
    Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Dry.....ya their a bitch are'nt they ? After awhile you'll wake up and say...yep, another one of them dreams and carry on. It's like any reacuring dream you get.........just and ole' nightmare you live through. Ha! Best wishes ! IAD.
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

I had one the other night. In my dream I thought I had woke up and there was a full wine glass sitting on my beside stand and I freak out and tried to remember if I had been drinking that night. Then I woke up in the morning and their was no wine glass.....really weird to dream that you woke up when you were really still asleep and have a panic.

Anyway, maybe it is a right of passage to getting better.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

That happened to me once too, Dry... it's unnerving... I could have SWORE I'd been at the club the night before... I also had the hungover feeling as well...

These dreams just prove how truly POWERFUL alcohol is. Dr. Phil says excessive alcohol use permeates every cell of your being, HEAD to TOE! It's true!

Our bodies become so accustomed to alcohol abuse that it thinks something is wrong when it doesn't get it and "makes-up" the feelings of having had a bender.

Very powerful, indeed!

Comment

Drunk Dreams

I am so glad to know I am not alone in this ...

I almost always have at least one dream where I am drunk in the dream. REALLY drunk, as in staggering, bouncing off the walls drunk. While I am a tame and functional alcoholic in the waking state (or at least I used to be), in my dreams, I am a total lush.

I have noticed that the less I drink, the more vivid and bizarre my dreams have become. They almost always take place in the same venues (usually shopping malls or schools which are so detailed, I could draw a floorplan the next morning), contain the same people (some living, some dead) and are so real, it takes me a minute or two on waking to realize where I am. If I drink a lot? No dreams. If I drink a little? Dreams and nightmares galore.

The oddest part to me is that in my "drunk dreams", I realize full well I'm drunk and keep thinking "this is no way to live". Are our subconscious minds powerful wiley creatures, or what?:teeter:

Comment

You're right IAD..I'll shrug them off like any other bad dream. This one caught me so
              off guard, and has been bugging me all day.

brightlite and Shikakai, it was weird. It did take 30 secs to a min til I realized
              it wasn't true. What a terrible min it was. I'll go with a right of passage!! Makes me feel better.

want2Bsober it was vivid for me as well, at least during the dream. As the day progresses
              it's not so clear, other than the thank the good Lord it was just a dream feeling.

I had these kinds of dreams when I quit smoking for a couple years, years ago, same thing...
              smoking in my dream, thinking what the hell only to thankfully wake up and it
              wasn't real. Quitting smoking is coming for me very soon...now it'll be a toss-up
              of which dream I'll have-smoking or drinking. Maybe my imagination will just go all out
              and I'll have one where I'm smoking AND drinking. Now won't that just be grand :upset:

DLA
              Sir Walter Scott

Comment

Yeah, I get alot of them and swear I'm hungover when I wake up. Then remember Oh I'm not hungover and didn't do anything weird and thank you God.....funny about the hungover feelings...

Comment

Well it's been a while since I had the 'dream' of drinking.

Last night, I dreamt my sisters were just pounding them back. One has a glass a couple times a year, the other drinks but can stop whenever she wants in real life.
                  So, here they are drinking away, and I am the one who wakes up feeling like it was me who tied one on. Now where's the justice in that?? :H:H

Very strange..

DLA :h
                  Sir Walter Scott

Comment

I used to hide my AL, and STILL dream about hiding or finding it hidden. I think it was such a habit for so long, it's just still there.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I have not had these drinking dreams --I'm sure I will though.

For the last week though, I keep dreaming about having sex with inappropriate people.
                      Kelly

Comment

UrbanFool;765396 wrote: I have not had these drinking dreams --I'm sure I will though.

For the last week though, I keep dreaming about having sex with inappropriate people.
                        Ooooo, I LOVE those dreams! :H:H:H:H
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

UrbanFool;765396 wrote: I have not had these drinking dreams --I'm sure I will though.

If Johnny Depp is inappropriate, then I am wishing for some inappropriate dreams!!

DLA - :H:H about your dream of your sisters!! You are right, there is NO JUSTICE!! :soapbox2:
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Actually, Johnny Depp is at least of proper age for me. He's pretty appropriate!
                            Kelly

Comment

When I was pregnant, and therefore not drinking, I had those "I've been drinking" dreams fairly regularly. I would wake up feeling awful, absolutely terrible, until I realised was just dream, and then was just SO relieved! Mind you, I also dreamed I had taken drugs sometimes...never in my life!
                              Is something to do with subconcious letting go of addiction I suppose
                              Pipsqueak

Comment

Working...
                              X