things do change and the trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

things do change .. who would have thought that i would be doing the things I'm doing these days .. ALL GOOD OF COURSE .. from making a website .. with all the help of friends .. to feeling at ease about not drinking anymore .. that right there ..
    i thought was the impossible dreams at one point in time and now I'm coming up to two years of sobriety.. the things i have read and the people i have talk with and the things i have gone Thur in these pass two years .. no one should ever go Thur but that's what life is about..all these things add up to learning .. how to live life on life's terms.. i have said many times.. life will always have its ups and downs .. but that right there makes you think ..why when and how can things get any worst.. but if you use these ups and downs ..as a positive and start looking on the bright side ..it will all change for the good .. i look at my sons .. here i thought there wasn't going to really get any better but this trip proved me wrong .. i was worried .. he might blow up .. not really open up to me but like the title says .. things do change.. and just know and realize everything you are going Thur today .. you have it within yourself to change
    THE TRIP
    OK it was a great time .. you already know about mom and well after that .. i was off to meet Britt in south Carolina and spend a night there ..and well it was great ..she is so nice in person and very pretty and green-eyes too. and well we had a cookout on the BBQ.. we had steak and potato salad and yes for breakfast at her place was eggs and toast and fruit , ham and sausage..but the pics of her in her PJ'S didn't come out ..but it was nice to meet them and then i was off to GA, ruby place .. the cabin is awesome and Britt house too .. nice and quiet a great place to think and just relax .. and well while at ruby place she would make biscuits and gravy .. a country breakfast and Anthony and i love to eat and well we stay at ruby for 5 days ..which i didn't want to leave and that right there should say everything ..well that last night we were just getting everything pack up and ready to head out in the morning for fl..when sue calls and lets me know that another friend of the family ..
    that i use to work for down here in fl .. which move to SC wanted me to stop bye for the night .. so we head back to SC for the day and just kinda hung around and GOT TO FIX A FEW THING FOR THEM WHILE I WAS THERE TOO ..got to see all the kids grown up and louder then before .. but a great family .. and well that's pretty much it .. had a great time and well needed break and lots of father son time too ..Anthony and i got along great and lots of laughs ..
    AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY TO EVERYONE THAT I STAY WITH AND MET THANKS FOR HAVING ME AND MY SON ..AND THANK YOU ALL THAT HELP WITH THE SUNDAY SHOUT OUT .. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME TO KNOW THAT I HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS HERE ..

ps sorry about the caps hehehehehehehehe
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Ahh T thanks ever so much for sharing that!!! I'm soooo glad that you enjoyed your trip .........

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

thanks for the wonderful post Roger....and you are so right we do have it in us to change!! Congradulations on two years!!!
      I have leaned on you many a night here at MWO and you have never dissappointed me.......this is a vey small thanks for all you are!!!
      :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Sweetness, it was a joy to spend time with you and your son. You are both welcome to come to visit any time. By the way, can you take down a tree? I do own the house now.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Hi T
          Great to always hear about the positive way you deal with life.You make a big difference here.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08
          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
          AF 5-16-08

Comment

ok greenie plan on march ruby and i were talkiing about me coming back up there so i willl bring chain saw .. lol

Comment

What a lovely post Mr T....
              Its great to have you back and even greater (if thats the right word ) to hear what a wonderful time you had.
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

It was so great to finally meet you Roger. I have certainly leaned on you many times. Nice to finally meet you in person. I truly consider you one of my best friends. You are a gem!!!! AND Tony was so sweet. Zak really enjoyed meeting him. If you come back in March I will have to come up to the cabin and we all go tubing down the river.
                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

That's what recovery is all about....living life on life's terms. I loved reading this post T, thanks so much for letting us in on your journeys! I have to say in all honesty I'm a little envious right now because my friend has just come back after spending a month in the US travelling down Route 66 with friends. I'm meeting her tomorrow for lunch to catch up and get the low down! If anything though it has inspired me to get off my ass and go after my dreams. Anything is possible if we work for it.

Love and Light
                  Phil
                  xx
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

T, you and baby T were the perfect houseguests. I've made plans to be stonger (and thinner!LOL) by March, too. If your relationship with Tony was not good at one time, you're making up for it in spades! He was fun, polite, and enjoyed bragging rights about his Dad. It's never too late; my Daddy went thru a dark decade, and as you probably couldn't help but noticed, I still compare all men in my life to him. I'm whining for my own chain saw, and I'll be ready, plans in hand, when you make that next trip. Besides the basement bathroom, we may have to add some more bedrooms for all the friends who could show up!
                    Rubes
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

BTW, Hubs and I just got back from a breakfast trip, then ran by Wally World and picked up the Wii system, and the Wii Fit. No excuses from me now!!! (Hubs bought the NASCAR game that comes with a little steering wheel! LOL) I told him that would NOT improve his fitness, but might help him unwind a bit. Love to Tony and Sue (and Cocoa!)
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow;738720 wrote: T, you and baby T were the perfect houseguests. I've made plans to be stonger (and thinner!LOL) by March, too. If your relationship with Tony was not good at one time, you're making up for it in spades! He was fun, polite, and enjoyed bragging rights about his Dad. It's never too late; my Daddy went thru a dark decade, and as you probably couldn't help but noticed, I still compare all men in my life to him. I'm whining for my own chain saw, and I'll be ready, plans in hand, when you make that next trip. Besides the basement bathroom, we may have to add some more bedrooms for all the friends who could show up!
                        Rubes
                        send me a copy of the blue prints and lets me see what i can work out .. this way ill have everything work out

Comment

Will do, T! I'm afraid I was right about the racing game - :racer: - Hubs is still crashing into walls in there! LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X