Fellowship other than AA???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is my new quit date....for both AL and cigs. I feel I need a face to face fellowship; I am not opposed to AA in the least bit, but the group that is convenient to my house is very large....or too large for my liking... Has anyone had any type of experience with any other group....aside from AA or rehab. Thanks.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Believe me, if there's a large AA meeting near you, the chances of there being a smaller one near you too are very high. Here in NM you have to be out in the middle of nowhere to not be near a few AA meetings to chose from.
    There's a group here called Life Ring which is a secular sobriety support group. They have an active web site.
    Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Try google your town or city and AA (I was shocked to see so many I never knew about. Good luck on your AF and cigs (two birds with one stone will be tough) but you can do it!!!

Comment

goodluck tomorrow lukalee as been said there should be other AA meetings around you and all are different,keep looking until you find the best one you are comfortable with.Any support you can get will be of help to you.let us know how you are getting on.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

If you're an alcoholic hobbit Lukalee there is always The Fellowship of the Ring!
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
          X