Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've lost a few days

Hi everyone ~
    I woke up last Thursday just fine and within a few hours was completely crippled with another back problem. I spent the next four days either in the bathtub or vomiting in the trash can. I've been unable to sit at the computer so I've missed all of you.
    If anyone is wondering.....yes I am drinking to relieve the pain!!
    I'm hoping to recuperate and start fresh with a new attitude soon......:upset:

I do have good news for anyone who is having trouble with chat~ I found out you can't have symbols in your name. The help desk people are removing my apostrophe.

I've lost a few days

franzia,

I'm very sorry to hear about your current situation!
    What happened that you merely awoke with such severe back pain?

Back pain is a terrible thing indeed but why are you choosing to 'medicate' yourself with AL?
    Have you seen a Dr for a proper workup & Dx? Surely a muscle relaxant, some anti-inflammatory meds & physical therapy would do a much better job alleviating your pain.

I hope you get some relief very soon, please think about why you joined MWO.
    Wishing you the best,
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I've lost a few days

Fran, I understand constant pain. It too participated in my drinking escalation. I can only say, I'm here for you, and I understand. In the long run, though, we have to find other answers, or we lose both our mobility AND our integrity. My thoughts are with you, dear.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I've lost a few days

Hi Franzia,
        Very sorry to hear about your back pain. My husband suffers from chronic back pain and the look on his face tells me that this is no joke. Please take care of yourself and stop the drink when you thing you are ready. Hope you feel better.
        AF since 2/4/10
        Nicotine free since 3/31/10
        FINALLY FREE

Comment

I've lost a few days

thanks for your concern

Hi guys~ thanks for your input. Lavande I know AL isn't the answer- I'm drinking a couple glasses of wine in the evening probably mostly because I'm so depressed and frustrated with my situation. I have seen a doctor- there's not much except steroids, pain killers and muscle relaxers like you said and time to heal. I've been down this road many times before........don't plan on having surgery again but constant pain is debilitating physically and mentally.
          Ironically~ my main reason to try to get a handle on my alcohol consumption was because of my 18 month old grandson~ and now I can't get on the floor and play with him or run around the house chasing him or take him to the pumpkin patch like I had planned........
          Enough of my pity party- sorry. Thanks for listening!!

Comment

Working...
          X