Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you so much..because of your help I made it this far!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, here I am on my 18th day. This is my longest stretch in 10
    years and I honestly believe with all of my being that if I had not
    stumbled onto this site when I decided enough was enough, received so
    much support and read so many stories, I may not
    have had the strength when the urge to drink washed across me to
    resist, and not bow to temptation.

The battle isn't over. In my heart I know I can't ever have another drink,
    but the mind still plays games, the whispers still come. Sometimes strong,
    sometimes annoyingly gentle and convincing..well, not quite

I'm ordering antabuse from my doctor, to help carry me for a bit,
    as the wanting to 'reward' (some reward geeez) myself is getting stronger.

Anyway..thank you! You're an amazing crowd of people!!!
    :h:l:h:l:h

DLA
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're amazing too DLA and apart of that 'crowd of people'; don't ever forget that. Longest stretch in 10 years is something to be VERY VERY proud of.

Well done!

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Sheri;739962 wrote: Congratulations, Dry. You're doing all the hard work and it's paying off! It works if you work it, so keep working it!

Sheri

. . . . . . 'CAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT!!
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Dry, THANK YOU! It's you and people like you who keep me coming back here. For all our silliness and wool-gathering, the heart of this site is support. Like you, I found this place by accident, and my last year+ has been the best in a decade. Your struggle will continue for a while, until your sober lifestyle becomes habit, then the beast will only lurk in the darkest corners, but it will lurk. We can never forget that, but it becomes nature, and our new sober life is not something we would trade anything for. I'm proud of you, and again, I thank you.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Congrats DLA!
          So glad you are here & doing so well
          Keep up the good work, it's worth it, you'll see!!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Hi DLA,

WELL DONE!!

The people here ARE special, and they helped me too. Stay close and post often, and everyone will support you and hold your hand on this journey you've undertaken.

LOVE AND STRENGTH TO YOU!!

Comment

Thanks Sheri, hippie37, rubywillow, Lavande and sunbird.

I am proud..that I did the work, and kept my promise to myself.

But...

When I was down, I'd come back here to read and read, then read some
              more. When I was down, I'd go into chat, and always left smiling.
              When I felt weak, I'd read about supplements to help with the urge.
              When I had a question I'd ask, and you lovely people would answer.
              When bored, go into the joke section...some pretty funny stuff in there.

Now I'm reconnecting with friends. Took a 2 hour hike in the woods
              with my friend of 35 years (good gravy I'm old) and it felt GREAT!!
              We've agreed to do this twice a week. Took my 14 yr old out for
              dinner after at my favorite restaurant. Ordered diet coke with a
              lemon wedge and a healthy dinner. Just did not seem weird and I felt
              proud to do it. I fit into a pair of pants I couldn't do up 3 weeks ago.

There are so many good things going on right now. And the best??
              I no longer wake with dread. That terrible awful feeling of 'what did
              I do/say last night.' No...the best actually is my children now have my
              complete attention...not addled by the booze.

LOL sunbird...here not quite 3 weeks and 52 posts...I always think people
              will think...oh brother..it's DLA again!!!! She talks too much!! :H:H

Thank you again and again and again.

DLA
              Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
              Sir Walter Scott
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Sounds like you are doing great! This site and program has been the key to me staying sober also!
                Keep up the great work, it is so worth it and like Ruby said..it gets so much easier and starts to feel more "natural".
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Congratulations DLA! YOU are the amazing one and you should be so proud. What a fanatstic accomplishment, huh? It's still hard, boy, do I know it! But just thinking of how good you feel not drinking and how much fun you have with your kids...it's soooo worth it.
                  This is the best place ever! I know that I would still be drinking a bottle of wine a night if I didn't find MWO.
                  When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                  -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

DLA, look at some of the other post numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

And I LOVE all your pics!!! Gotta figure this dang thing out!! LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

DLA... I'm ashamed to admit that I racekd up 1000 posts in my 1st 7 weeks on MWO... Just don't look at how many I now have... If it hadn't been for this place, I would still be waking up with a hangover every day and blacking out every night.

You're doing brilliantly - keep it up.
                        I'll do whatever it takes
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

DLA - Congrats to YOU on 18 days! Keep it up, keep on reading, keep on posting - you'll be an old timer too before you know it! :H

I love to hear success stories, and look forward to hearing many more from you.

Much love! :h
                          ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;740020 wrote: DLA... I'm ashamed to admit that I racekd up 1000 posts in my 1st 7 weeks on MWO... Just don't look at how many I now have... If it hadn't been for this place, I would still be waking up with a hangover every day and blacking out every night.

You're doing brilliantly - keep it up.
                            Tigs, busy hands!!! LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

DLA you should be really proud of yourself .......... I'm proud of you xx

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                              sigpicXXX

Comment

Working...
                              X