Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry. Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares, Its faults and blunders, Its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed. We cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow. With its possible adversities, Its burdens, Its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow?s Sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.

This just leaves only one day? Today. Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternity?s ? yesterday and tomorrow that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives people mad. It is the remorse of bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore live but one day at a time.

Written By: Anita Waid
    Used With Permission

just a little reminder
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

And you are such a wonderful example of HOPE, T.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Amen, Amen, and Amen!!!!
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Very wise words, indeed. If we make a point to live by them all the time, life is so much better and so much more "do-able". Thanks for the post.
        ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Thanks for the reminder T, just for today I will not drink.

Comment

Great Post, T. Thanks

Comment

Thanks, T. I am going to print that out and keep right by my computer!!
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

And T doesn't just talk the talk, he walks the walk.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

tlrgs, I like that! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Thank you Mr T.

Comment

That was lovely. Thanks so much T.
                      AF since 2/4/10
                      Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                      FINALLY FREE

Comment

It makes me smile to remember the feel of your hug.....:l
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                        X