Drinking again........hey you all knew I would

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, husband still acting like a jerk. I know...you don't have to tell me, just finally got more than I could take, bought a bottle. Can you believe I can't find it !(hid it after a very hard working day) Found his, because he is a big drinker. We did not eat supper / wow I should have said dinner, he is so much better than me! They always said dinner. But of course they had someone who cooked for them, he never picked up anything because the maid did that. I hate people like that, can you imagine! I had a sister in law who lived that way, but she was sweet, he is not. She had to divorce my brother because he expected her to be a wife and she had no idea how. I still, 30 years later miss her. Yet, she could not relate to us, she was just a dear heart.But had no idea of how we live, how normal people live! I saw a few pictures my brother sent of his son's 2nd marriage. I had a hard time pickng her out. She married an old man with money. Like her 7th marriage! I'm sure she is still a dear heart though. Of course I will never know. I will never see her.
    Wow, guess I grew up with 7 kids, working my rear end off to get through school. I went to high school with 2 outfits I bought working as a babysitter/ car hop. Very small town. .65 cents an hour. carhopping, 50 cents an hour babysitting, from 6am till 5pm. I could not afford shoes for school ,I don't think young people now understand at all how hard it was back then, or maybe it was just my family, but the 50's-60's were great for our parents, but very hard for us. I never ate breakfast but I used to cut the cereal boxes to line my shoes to go to high school,(snow and ice in Colorado) after my 4 brothers ate, who were allowed too, I was not allowed to eat. My mother bought my 4 brother all the latest clothes, all the best shoes, they also had hand carved guns from Germany for Christmas. I never had anything., My mother told me I was a drag on the family so at 12 I started supporting myself, I was the eldest of the family, my older sister died when she was 4 and me 2. A drunk driver plowed through my parents car at a stop light. My parents hated me for living. I was brown haired and she was blond. They shaved my head and kept it that way till I started school. I'm not to blame, I was only 2, but they hated the brown haired girl who lived.My sister was blond and fair skinned. Many years after my Father died, I think I realized he never knew my Mother did this to me. My father was also in the music business, but always gone. We ended up in a small town in Colorado, my dad gone all the time, but normal. I married into a farming family.........for 28 years. I was always put down, my whole life. But my kids are the only ones on both sides of the family that are successful. I am very proud of them. But after 28 years my husband decided he needed to know other women, he asked me to stay on, just wait through his infedilecty, I could not. Not after all the years of being abused. In front of my children, teenagers....it was so horrible they have no memory. They cannot remember the abuse. I've had three broken noses, no medical help, broken leg, broken arm. But we never talk about that, I was always abused, I got thrown from moving trucks twice.....I am suffering now from pain from those injuries. But the kids just can't face those memeories, my husband put a knife though my arm when my youngest son was 16, we were separated, none of them can remember any of this. Maybe that is good. Of course somewhere in their soul they know, but they just can't go back there. Why? don't judge me so harshly. I lived through years of physical abuse. Many broken bones, never a doctor, having to still worlk. I always worked. I still looked good when my current husband married me, but now .....he has other things. I know how this works. Please realize what I have put up with in my life to raise three very healthy successful kids. I gave everything for that. Now....No one can hurt me more than I've been hurt in the past. That is one thig I know......no one can hurt me more in any way than I've already been through, except maybe death, and to to tel you the truth, that is almost welcomed, so please, yes I have maybe drank too much, in the last few years, but I lived a hell maybe none of you can imagine. But I am so proud of My father beat me my whole life. Al l 4 of my brothers remember it, I lived, the blond should have. When I was 17, my mother had a blond daughter , they disowned me, God had given them back the daughter they lost and God said to them, I was no good because I lived. That has been my life. An abusive husband, kids at 17, .......but they turned out great. I really feel , if I die today. I was the only one who had great kids.........because I loved them. I never drank till after they were adults and their father wanted to know another woman. But I suceeded at something in my life!
    I see now, I somehow lost so much I wrote. I lived a life of hell. Yess, I know, with no money I may end up dying, but it is a relief.......I gave my kids al I never had. They are wonderful, productive people. I did all I could. So we=hen you cast a stone, realize sometimes, God put us here for a reason and maybe it was just to give the next generation a chance, maybe that was all we were here for. I've tried so hard all my life and I was never good enough for any man. But i love sex, I am a loving woman, I'll never know why I wasn't loved. i can only think maybe I did not give enough, and I always tried. I tried.
    I've made such along post, I'm so very depressed, I can't read through it.
    Please someone , somewhere love me.....I know that is not possible......just maybe pray that God may love me.

I have been feeling so down latly, your post has moved me so much, i am just begining to see where my problems started so much further back than i thought, my parents never wanted me my mother had a boy still born before me then i was born very prem, i survived, they never forgave me for that, i was doped from an early age , to keep me quiet i think, then i was bullied at school and given tranqs and sent staight back i t was easier than sorting the problem out, my parents divorced when i was 14, i took valium to cope and started drinking, but after all this i have 6 wonderful, normal kids, we hug all the time even the 14 year old boy still sits on my lap and hugs me, my parents never hugged me, my parents think i am ma d to ahve so many children, they never seee them,just wanted to say in some way you have helped me see things even more clearly today, dont know yet if thats good or not, but please stay strong, you have been such a good mum, love and hugs Tawnywitch
    Twitch

Comment

oh my goodness Saving Grace - I wish I could come and give you a big hug x You have been through so so much, but to raise three sucessful loved children shows what a wonderful person you are and as for the people who have abused you throughout you life, they should rot in hell and don't even deserve to breath the same air as you. Try to keep strong Saving Grace - sending you lots of love and strength xx

Comment

All I can add here guys is that you can't do anything to change what happened in the past and honestly you gotta stop taking responsibility for other people's total inability to act human. Those people who have hurt you, they actually never forgave themselves for shit things that happened to them then they did the inexcusable and took it out on you purely because you were there. And made you believe you were the problem when there was never any way you were. So lets just get that bit straight.

And i think there is more than one of us Grace who did a great job replicating bad stuff we shouldn't have, such as marrying a wandering musician. I married the violent drinker selfish bastard. And we spend our lives searching for that soul/sole satisfying love that we desperately want only to be shortchanged each time because we set the bar so low. And i think that means that we don't really think enough of ourselves to allow us to be more picky about who we end up with. And maybe we think we deserve it and that we need to see it through. Which is dumb because we don't.

The thing is, for those of us lucky enough to have kids and have loved and cherished them the way we wanted to be or were loved and cherished ourselves, this is the most special kind of love anyone could ever ask for because with children, the love is unconditional. You give it and it comes back to you. Hell, there are even kids out there who love their parents who don't deserve to have that love because they treat their children so badly, but the kids still love them. I guess what I am trying to say is that sometimes we spend too much time searching for something that has actually always been there right under our noses, just maybe in a different form.

So Grace, you got the bad stuff out there, acknowledge it, then leave it behind you where it belongs. Nothing is ever so bad that it won't pass by. And when things have been really dark and desperate I always reminded myself that it would never remain this way - that the one constant thing i can rely on is change. I would repeat this like a mantra and its not wrong.

If you want to know how to move forward, all you have to do is pick one thing that is positive in your life and focus on it. Grace, you have at least three positive wonderfuls in your life - why not focus back on them, who make you feel wonderful? Trust me, you start putting your focus on the positive things in your life and turn your back on the negatives, the rest will follow. Be kind to yourself. You have been to hell, now it's time to come back.
        I'm not a flip flop - I'm a Jandal!:undercover:

Comment

Hi Saving Grace

I really hope you're well. I've never read anything so moving in my life. The world has pummeled you from day one for things you weren't responsible for, yet you still made it through. I'm inspired by your struggle. You're a beautiful person, if I ever said so.

I read somewhere every human being has a cup of suffering, and only you know the true extent of your suffering. I'm not familiar with the dynamics of married life, but, in my view, it's better to be single and looking for love than to be with someone who cannot appreciate you.

I think you deserve a break. Human beings had sex and loved one another before the institution of marriage was formed; I think marriage is a guideline that achieves a social objective more expediently than other alternatives that may have been considered. You transcend marriage.

Whatever hold your husband thinks he has on you is not justifiable. You made it past all the other abusers in your life and this guy is no different.

Re the drinking, try not to do that to yourself. All the bullshit you've gone through and how unjustly the world has treated you could be a 'good' reason to self-medicate, but in all honesty, it is all the more reason to love and be kind to yourself right now. You've earned your right to exist and drinking alcoholically (with the depression, suicidal ideation, ill health and the mental stagnation it brings) is a major way you put yourself down.

Avoid the clich?, don't turn into an abuser of yourself. Sometimes the choice is between what's good and what's best. Love, David.

Comment

Grace read Jandals post again, it is very powerful. You can move on from this place of pain,you are not trapped NO MORE You now have choices, you can choose to stay drinking and wallow in your past pain or move on to sobriety. You deserve the best and give to you what u gave to your kids the best choice. There is loads of help and support here for you.

Comment

HI Grace, I am sorry that you had to endure so much during your childhood. Many here can relate to childhoods of severe abuse. And, more often than not, we continue to abuse ourselves long after our childhood abusers are gone. Sad, but true. We also seem to attrack abusers into our lives, that is, until we say ENOUGH! And we start to truly love and value ourselves. It took me 40 years to learn to love and value myself and even longer to finally break completely free.

Grace, it sounds like you think that "Love is EARNED", earned through self sacrifice, putting up with neglect and abuse, being sweet, being a servent, etc etc....well, guess what. Love is not earned, it is GIVEN FREELY...Yep! It is! In fact giving too much of ourselves away, and too much self neglect actually teaches others, to disrespect us. If we disrespect ourselves, it is impossible for others to give us respect and if we do not love ourselves it is also impossible for anyone else to love us.

Grace, I know you are feeling badly today, I know that the drinking never helps with this. But, I encourage you to seek help. Whether it is a local mental health clinic or support group.....do something to help you to learn to put the past in the past and to learn to love and respect yourself. I guarantee, it will turn your life around.

XXX Kate
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Hi Grace,
                Yours is quite a heart breaking story. I am sorry you feel so unloved right now. I am sure you are loved, it's just sound like you are the sounding board and stepping stone for everyone around you. Having raised your children to healthy adult is a feat not to be minimized. It's a very important job and shows your determination and spirit in the face of despair. God does love you and we at MWO all do too. Don't give up. I know that this is not the same as having a friend come to your house, but we are all one post away. PM us if you need additional help. You know the drink will help for a short time, but it will still be there in the morning. Please treat yourself to a nice bath and maybe something that you enjoy for yourself alone. Sending love your way.
                AF since 2/4/10
                Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                FINALLY FREE

Comment

Oh Grace,

I'm sending you hugs and much love, you deserve it!
                  I agree with Kate, love is not earned, it is given freely!
                  Please start taking care of yourself right now, do nice things for yourself.
                  You know that drinking now will not change the past.

Please take care and stay in touch with us.
                  Love,
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Grace,
                    You're beautiful spirit comes through in your words. I'm so sorry for the pain you have suffered. As a mother I admire you enormously for raising children you can be so proud of...You sound like a wonderful person, and I wish you well. Hugs and love to you.
                    Sara
                    "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Grace .. You are a wonderful person .. because you care. It's obvious in your post ... If you didn't care, you wouldn't have posted and talked about your life and your feelings. People who don't care, don't "feel".......... YOU FEEL ... You CARE ... You are a beautiful person. Life may not have been great up to this point, but your loving, caring feelings are there and easily shine through, despite the hardships ... and that is truly wonderful.

Keep on fighting for what you want and need. Promise?

**hugs** .. and loving vibes to you.
                      AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Grace - did you know that your name means "Blessing" - that's what you are, a true blessing. I tried to link T's post "Yesterday, Tomorrow and Today" - but I am new here, so not sure how to do it. I hope you can find it and read it - it is very uplifting and a good way to start every day. You may feel like you are not loved, but I hope you know that you are loved by all of your MWO friends. We are all kin and for some of us, this is the only place we can feel comfortable at and maybe for others, like me, these great people are our only friends. So, come on friend - put a smile on your face and know that you are loved!!
                        Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Alcohol, wow I posted one time a 'Love letter' to it.
                          Oh it's only when I drink all the past comes up. My husband right now, is not the one who abused me.
                          This is my third marriage, I think that is harder to admit to than my alcohol problem.
                          I lost it last night. But he called me today for the first time. Said he loved me.
                          I know I can't drink, I just had been through so much lately, I fell again. It is not the answer.
                          Thank you all so much for responding.
                          I got a kick today, I'm still laughing from it. On this other forum I post on, beleive none of the things I say here. It's where I do my business, I am connected to a music forum. Some guy posted I was a fox.......I'm still laughing, he just said by the way you are a fox, no continue on. I need a laugh.
                          My husband and I have to have a serious conversation about the alcohol abuse and drugs he does. We kind of went there last night, by the way, I still can't find that bottle I bought yesterday. We id laugh about that lst night. But I found his keys and found a bottle in his vehicle.
                          I will survive. My childhood only comes up for me when I am drinking. Gee I talked my brothers through this for years. I was who everyone came too. Then I became a drunk way into my 40's.....I'm not the one they go to now. I have no contact with them anymore.
                          I'll be ok, this is not acceptable to me, I'm not OK with drinking.
                          Thank you all so much! And even thank those who sent me PM's maybe putting me down. I understand.

Comment

Alcohol, wow I posted one time a 'Love letter' to it.
                            Oh it's only when I drink all the past comes up. My husband right now, is not the one who abused me.
                            This is my third marriage, I think that is harder to admit to than my alcohol problem.
                            I lost it last night. But he called me today for the first time. Said he loved me.
                            I know I can't drink, I just had been through so much lately, I fell again. It is not the answer.
                            Thank you all so much for responding.
                            I got a kick today, I'm still laughing from it. On this other forum I post on, beleive none of the things I say here. It's where I do my business, I am connected to a music forum. Some guy posted I was a fox.......I'm still laughing, he just said by the way you are a fox, no continue on. I need a laugh.
                            My husband and I have to have a serious conversation about the alcohol abuse and drugs he does. We kind of went there last night, by the way, I still can't find that bottle I bought yesterday. We id laugh about that lst night. But I found his keys and found a bottle in his vehicle.
                            I will survive. My childhood only comes up for me when I am drinking. Gee I talked my brothers through this for years. I was who everyone came too. Then I became a drunk way into my 40's.....I'm not the one they go to now. I have no contact with them anymore.
                            I'll be ok, this is not acceptable to me, I'm not OK with drinking.
                            Thank you all so much! And even thank those who sent me PM's maybe putting me down. I understand.

Comment

Working...
                            X