Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has modding truly worked for anyone? Truly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KTAB;744959 wrote: So is everyone who posts in either the Monthly moderators or Long Term Moderators sections of MWO in denial, in your opinion then Hippie?
    I'm not insinuating ANYTHING KTAB. A question was asked and I just find it quite funny that the responses are from mostly people who say they cannot mod rather than from the modders. I'm certainly not suggesting otherwise that people cannot safely mod.

Love and Light
    Phil
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

sailor girl;744970 wrote: Mario, The girl
      right

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

sailor girl;744970 wrote: Mario, The girl
        LOL!! I thought you were calling Mario a girl then sailor girl!! Although he can be a big girl's blouse at times!!:H
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Fair enough Phil
          I would imagine the non moders outweigh those that can by quite a considerable number, maybe that is the reason for the lopsided answer split?
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Ha ha......I am the "girl" in Sailor Girl.
            :hCheryl

Comment

sailor girl;744986 wrote: Ha ha......I am the "girl" in Sailor Girl.
              who is the sailor

Comment

mario;744994 wrote: who is the sailor
                The boy :H
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

startingover;744995 wrote: The boy :H
                  :H:H:H enough said.:H

Comment

Well ya never know here guys, just as well to check
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

great thread hdb!!

Comment

As I posted earlier, I haven't been successful modding so no help from me.

However, isn't Roberta, the author of the book, modding VERY successfully?

Comment

time2live;745074 wrote: However, isn't Roberta, the author of the book, modding VERY successfully?
                          Actually, I believe I read somewhere that she is AF now.

Shiraz, the nicotine example is right on. I think what complicated the fantasizing for me regarding drinking, compared to smoking (I am also an ex smoker) was the stats. With nicotine, virtually everyone who starts smoking becomes addicted. I was reading a study that suggested the extremely small % who do NOT get addicted actually have a liver that doesn't function 100% normally. (the malfunction is a very specific one)

With AL - I have no idea why, but obviously the numbers are very different. Virtually everyone does NOT get addicted. In a great irony of life, those who are NOT addicted could care less about drinking, even though they are the ones who CAN drink safely. Those of us who cannot drink safely because we ARE addicted are the ones who get to think about it all the time. :soapbox2: :H

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I would be very interested to know what percentage of people are addicted rather than couldn't give a poo about alcohol - lol gawd can you imagine???? that's so alien isn't it? if beer is in the house its drunk - simple.... although I can leave wine and spirits

To spark another liddle topic - Alchohol is also viewed as sociably acceptable - in fact people almost think your wierd in a social situation if you don't drink (stupid them)!! (some of those very people are my mates and relatives who do not know I have a problem - I am convinced that some of them have a problem to!) whereas nicotine is seen by many as an unsociable habit, in fact here you have to smoke outside of public places in the weeing down rain!! I have never smoked so am in no way saying that giving up smoking is easier (hubby is ex smoker), but you don't get that "oh go on just have one you party pooper!!" in fact I would imagine most are supportive. Plus you can admit that you want to kick it to anyone unlike the dreaded alcohol! does that make it any easier?

Well i am coming to the conclusion that no-one has yet come forward as a succesful modder and now RJ is totally AF - bah humbug come on there must be one little modder out there happily modding? I accept it won't be comfortable for months - maybe a year - maybe a couple?? anyone??

Comment

If I have one, I want more.

If I have two, I want more and more.

I am unable to distinguish between enough and ENOUGH. My easiest, though habitually unrecognisable desire, is to be okay. I'm not. I accept and understand that I need to deal with this. And I will.

But goddamn it's hard.

Comment

Well I was for 11 years. Thats where I learned to drink so well. My husband is still in.
                                :hCheryl

Comment

Working...
                                X