Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has modding truly worked for anyone? Truly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drink in Moderation. Its tough to stick to the plan, but it is not easy. Stick here when you start.

I know I haven't been posting lately. Been busy with school and Kennel duty. But so far so good. Modding has been working for me so far.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

The one word answer is..............no,although not for the want of trying and failing on my part, then surrendering and finally, happily accepting that drinking moderately is outwith my capabilities, just as it is with the majority of us alcoholics.

Life becomes easier and more peaceful when we stop torturing ourselves with a dream which most of us could never ever realise. Life without alcohol is no great tragedy.

Star x

P.S.
      To clarify, I myself, am not at all interested in converting anyone to a permanent AF lifestyle (noone has such a right) , I am simply pro-AF for myself personally.
      Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Starlight,

You are a wonderful individual! I'm so happy to hear you're doing well.

More2

Comment

more2life;747207 wrote: Starlight,

You are a wonderful individual! I'm so happy to hear you're doing well.

More2
          My thoughts exactly. You have always been an inspiration and always will.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I haven't read the whole thread, but here's my two cents/pence worth.

I moderate. But it takes work.

I still do smiley faces on my calendar for AF days.

I did 30 days AF which gave me a HUGE sense of achievement.

I just can't drink as much as I used to, and have learned to say no.

More than anything else I feel a lot more sorted and in control of my life in general, and for that I'm eternally grateful to MWO and the support I've had here.

Bets.
            xx
            Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

To each his own. I haven't really tried moderating and it scares me that it wont work and I will lose all my AF time. Everyone has to do whatever works for them.

I think many of us came to the this site because it offered a moderation program. For most, it didn't work, which in a way is a good thing because we finally realized, even w/ structure we don't obey the rules and understand it is no longer an option.

I don't know what I am going to do tomorrow, but I know I won't drink today. Tomorrow is a day that hasn't happened yet, so I'll just stay here in today!
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

Thanks Moo, Betty & drifty - I it looks like modding is working for you which is good to read.

Thanks for the great post Eve, the quote "I have been AF this whole week and don't even have the usual inclination of looking forward to the week-end when I allow myself one or two. I just love how I feel when I wake up AF from the day before." is how I hope I will feel when I pluck up the courage to attempt to mod. However I do agree with the next quote that "I know we relish in the belief sometimes that the "mod life is the good life" but the AF life isn't so bad either!"

There have been some wonderful posts here - thank you everyone for you thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                X