Does anyone have a Pug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a Pug?

I'm worried about mine, he seems to be having problems with his back legs, not walking like he used to and unable to leap up the step. Also his tail is down which it never usually is. He's six and I'm wondering if he might have hip dysplasia, he's not had problems before but he's always looked a bit lop-sided from behind.
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Does anyone have a Pug?

He may just need an adjustment. There are animal chiropractors that work on anything from horses to cats. He may have twisted wrong or landed funny jumping off the bed. Good luck to your "best friend".
    Rosa

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Oh thank you rosalee, I will consider that. I got a new Standard Poodle puppy in July and she has been pulling his tail a bit perhaps she has caused him to twist something as you have said.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Did you feel his tummy, is there anything swollen anywhere? Sometimes that may affect there walking.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

No Pug ....have a Chi. Had problems like your Pug though. Some small dog breeds have a tendensie to have problems with their rear legs. Espically the rear knee joints. You can try giveing the pooch some Glyco-Flex 3..by Vetri-Science Lab. Most Vets have the supplement. ( It's Glucosamine/Glutathione based ) I ended up having my dog go through 2 surgeries on his two rear knees and pins place thier so they would'nt pop out.That dog has cost me a small fortune..........about $3500. But it's all good ! ha! IAD
          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

I would confine him in a pet taxi until you can get him to the vet. Keep it close to you so he doesn't feel lonely.
            This is nothing to fool around with. I am a life time dachshund owner and back trouble is a serious issue w/sausage dogs. Take him to the vet on Monday morning so you can get the bottom line on how to help your little friend.
            Sometimes Mr. Panzer (my #1 weiner boy dog who is now deceased) would improve on is own after two to three days of confinement which was much better than filling him full of medicine. Otherwise the doc prescribed steroids. We didn't like steroids!

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

And NEVER give him people meds unless your trusted vet says so!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Thanks everyone.

I checked his tummy brightlite and that seems fine.

IAD your chi is a smart dresser, I know how easy it is to run up vet bills, I had such a saga with one of my other dog's ears.

An aunt of mine always had a sausage dog 1967. I don't like having them too filled with medicines either.

I took him up to the stable yard this afternoon, and he has cheered up since then having an outing on his own, he cocked his leg all over the place which is very typical of him. There's definitely something not right, a lady who is a chiropracter and treats humans and horses had a quick look at him and thought he may have been knocked by the puppy causing something to happen.

Anyway, there's a homeopathic vet not too far from me who also offers chiropractic and more so we'll go and see him.

Don't worry Ruby Willow I wouldn't give my dogs anything without proper advice. Fortunately he doesn't seem to be in pain, just a bit sad and wonky!

Thanks for all your answers.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Having owned dogs all of my life (SO far LOL) I've heard stories that absolutely amaze me at human stupiditiy when to comes to owning dogs, Gold. You sound like a GREAT dog mom, but many people give their pets aspirin, tylenol, alcohol, chocolate, small bones without a clue they could be killing them. Hope you get to the bottom of this.
                  Rubes
                  sigpic
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

rubywillow;744329 wrote: Having owned dogs all of my life (SO far LOL) I've heard stories that absolutely amaze me at human stupiditiy when to comes to owning dogs, Gold. You sound like a GREAT dog mom, but many people give their pets aspirin, tylenol, alcohol, chocolate, small bones without a clue they could be killing them. Hope you get to the bottom of this.
                    Rubes
                    Those things aren't really good for us either, so it's a bit much to expect a dog to cope especially as they can be so far from nature these days in their diet and so on.

What sort of dogs do you have?

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

hope your pug recovers soon, we have spent a fortune on our Gordon setter, we have a wheaten terrier too and my daughter is asking for a pug for xmas, let us know how he is
                      Twitch

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

gold, hope your little pug feels better soon. those damn standard poodles..so full of energy! lol. I should know. I am momma to TWO of them! my two are Lexi (4 year old..black..a little on the small side..spoiled ROTTEN) and Seamus..her son. 1.5 years old..all black..all legs still..lol.

just a side note..if you are not used to standards...make sure that you pull their inner ear hair weekly..no big deal..cornstarch your fingers and pull it out. no discomfort to the pup..but will save you a FORTUNE in vet care for the ears. standards are NOTORIOUS for ear issues.

wish someone had of told us that when we first got Lexi girl....

Cheers
                        Lynn

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Gold;744337 wrote: Those things aren't really good for us either, so it's a bit much to expect a dog to cope especially as they can be so far from nature these days in their diet and so on.

What sort of dogs do you have?
                          I've had Rotties and Yorkies for a lonf time. Also have a rescue mostly Australian Cattledog, and Hubs has a Jackass Russell Terrier. Quite a mix! LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Puggie, real name Archie, seems a bit better today he didn't struggle up the step so much, his tail is more curled again, and his 'lipstick' is on display (you know he's not well if it's hidden away!). I think the puppy probably knocked him and he put something out which the chiropractic lady yesterday has hopefully put back in place.

Almost as much worry as children!

Donewithit I've got two adult standards as well as the puppy they're great fun and full of life aren't they. Phoebe who is 8 and Blue who is 6! And a Bichon. Blue is white, Phoebe started out black but is now a blue, and the puppy Isis is black. I've had a lot of problems with Blue's ears, everything was fine until about 3 years ago, no apparent reason for it, he's being treated homeopathically at the moment since allopathic treatments only seem to suppress whatever is the underlying cause.

Tawny witch, if you're thinking about a Pug they are fantastic little dogs but you have to be very careful about their eyes as they are vulnerable to injury, and to make sure that they never get too hot. If you decide to look for a puppy tread carefully as they seem to have become quite popular and some of the breeding is not of the highest, more for the money than the quality of the dog and consideration for its unique needs.

Sounds like a great mix you have ruby, rotties and yorkies make an unusual comination, the rotties I have met have always been gentle kind dogs.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

My Brother-n-Law has a 2 Bull dogs.......Has trouble with them breathing......Pugs seem to have the same type of head and nose structure....JUst wondering !?! IAD
                              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                              X