Does anyone have a Pug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a Pug?

IAD;745228 wrote: My Brother-n-Law has a 2 Bull dogs.......Has trouble with them breathing......Pugs seem to have the same type of head and nose structure....JUst wondering !?! IAD
    I think it is the same sort of head and nose IAD, in the UK they're lumped under the distinction of short nosed breeds, which are considered to be at risk from breathing difficulties. I think a difference with Pugs, not exclusively because I'm not sure, is that they were not bred for a specific work, more as companions.

An interesting thing about Pugs is that in ancient China if the creases in a Pug's forehead formed a Chinese character of particular significance they were considered especially lucky. My experience with my pug is that he definitely believes he is worthy of reverence!
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

My Rottie believes her purpose in life is to protect me, and, as some very scared workers have said, she's D*%N good at it. But she wants to be my lapdog, gentle with my Yorkie, and my 3-yr old g'son asks about her right after he asks about his Poppa! I had a little boy and his Mom from an abusive dad come stay at the cabin a while to rest and relax, and the little boy lay on her like a pillow. I know she sensed his fear, and protected him.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Ruby/Gold.....my Chi (ACE)....my kids and wife say that my dog has claimed me as his "bitch". ! Ha! Anyone that comes near me when we are together ...he starts to growl ! He does'nt want anyone near me when we are together! If you get him alone....no problem ! My wife gets so pissed.......cause he's such a sweetheart with her when I'm not around......IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Gold, I had a pug mix (mostly pug) for 15 years, and I currently have a chi/pug and a Gordon Setter. Their tail down certainly means they are uncomfortable. My vet told us baby aspirin is okay for dogs, but no tylenol or anything else. My 15 year old pug contracted canine glaucoma, very painful and I gave her baby aspirin, but the vet recommended she go down, because it's so painful. She was a great dog - a little stubborn, lol., and lived to a good age. Best wishes for yours.
          Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

I have an Irish Setter , duh :H spoiled rotten ,but as lovable as can be
            Non Drinker 9/09
            Non Smoker 6/09
            Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

rubywillow;745367 wrote: My Rottie believes her purpose in life is to protect me, and, as some very scared workers have said, she's D*%N good at it. But she wants to be my lapdog, gentle with my Yorkie, and my 3-yr old g'son asks about her right after he asks about his Poppa! I had a little boy and his Mom from an abusive dad come stay at the cabin a while to rest and relax, and the little boy lay on her like a pillow. I know she sensed his fear, and protected him.
              That's lovely rubywillow, animals offer unconditional love and communication at a knowing level. I know my two big poodles worry about me if I'm down.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

IAD;745374 wrote: Ruby/Gold.....my Chi (ACE)....my kids and wife say that my dog has claimed me as his "bitch". ! Ha! Anyone that comes near me when we are together ...he starts to growl ! He does'nt want anyone near me when we are together! If you get him alone....no problem ! My wife gets so pissed.......cause he's such a sweetheart with her when I'm not around......IAD
                Sounds as though you have a great relationship with ACE. I can imagine your wife does things for him and he chooses you over her

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

SKendall;745394 wrote: Gold, I had a pug mix (mostly pug) for 15 years, and I currently have a chi/pug and a Gordon Setter. Their tail down certainly means they are uncomfortable. My vet told us baby aspirin is okay for dogs, but no tylenol or anything else. My 15 year old pug contracted canine glaucoma, very painful and I gave her baby aspirin, but the vet recommended she go down, because it's so painful. She was a great dog - a little stubborn, lol., and lived to a good age. Best wishes for yours.
                  Thank you skendall, 15 years is a good age. I don't think he's hurting, but I am noticing the huge puppy is somewhat obsessed with him so I am keeping Archie apart from her as much as I can.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

My daughter's house was burglarized last week and the *&^%$'s put Molly, their golden retriever, in a closet. The police almost shot her when they opened the closet door and she rushed out at them, growling! We were SO thankful all of them were safe.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Emmy;745405 wrote: I have an Irish Setter , duh :H spoiled rotten ,but as lovable as can be
                      Beautiful Irish Setter Emmy, I always admired them they used to be popular here in the UK, I don't notice so many these days. The puppy in my avatar is at least three times the size now!

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

rubywillow;745753 wrote: My daughter's house was burglarized last week and the *&^%$'s put Molly, their golden retriever, in a closet. The police almost shot her when they opened the closet door and she rushed out at them, growling! We were SO thankful all of them were safe.
                        What a horrible experience, poor Molly, she must be very gentle to have gone in the cupboard in the first place.

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

We think they put her in there, or tricked her into going in, after the way she went after the cops. I hope the bit the s*&t out of them!
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a Pug?

Hi Gold.

Someone may have answered this already, but here goes. My dog (Whisky...I didn't name him!!!! but he is the colour of Rye!) is about 13 years old. We don't know for certain, because he was from a shelter. They think he is a combo of sheltie (mini collie) and terrier (herding and digging!!!!). Anyway, he has been having more problems with keeping up on walks, jumping onto the bed, etc.

The vet recommended Glucosamine. You can Google it for the appropriate amounts for how much your dog weighs. I give him one cap (500 mgs) twice a day (I open it and sprinkle it on the food). After 3 weeks, he is keeping up on walks and can jump on the bed again (when we got him, I told the girls he wasn't allowed on the beds...that lasted about three hours). Anyway, I'm now happy that he can jump up. He also seems way more energetic.

I got the Glucosamine from Costco (I think it may be Sams Club in the US). Remember (for better or worse) that a lot of drugs are tested on dogs. So many of the drugs that are cleared for humans are safe in dogs.

Hope you see an improvement soon!

B
                            Anything I can Believe, I can Achieve!

Comment

Working...
                            X