I have been lurking..here is an update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been lurking alot in the last couple of weeks instead of posting..and unfortunately have not been able to chat in the evenings as I have been working so much I cannot keep my eyes open for long at night!

I am still AF. although some days it kills me. My marriage seems to be mending. My husband is now occassionally kissing me, and finally TODAY he told me that he loves me. It has been months since I heard those words. Unfortunately they were said over the phone..as he has left on a business trip and will not be back till Thursday.

The challenge for me is to get thru the next few days AF. Seriously it is like I know I cannot get caught drinking...so the little voice is telling me..just a bottle lynn...no one will know. sigh. WHEN does this end?

I am going to try to stay awake for chat tonight..hope to see some of you there

thanks again for all your unconditional support over the last few months.

:l
    Lynn

Lynn, congratulations on your awesome progress! Don't give up or give in. The problem with the "nobody will know" thinking is that WE know. Then we are back to living in lies and having one more reason to hate ourselves. That is such a viscious cycle and for me, the ONLY way to break it has been through complete and total honesty with myself first, as well as with others.

YOU will know if you drink. That is the very best reason of all not to do it. Facing the world with a clean conscience (and no hangover!!!) is awesome. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Don't give back to AL the ground you have taken that has produced this good progress in your marriage.

Strength and hope,
    DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Donewithit, good advice there by Doggy. It does get easier with time and the gap between these cravings gets further apart. You are doing great and obviously your husband has noticed too. Well done and keep strong it is so worth it. Post if you need to talk, there is always somebody here.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Done, I hope to be on chat tonight. Hang on, girl. Your doing this for YOU, not your marriage or anyone else. Only when you are whole can your life mend.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I hope you join. You have to jump in, and you will be heard.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

doggy..I cannot jump in. greg took my laptop with him on his trip..I am on his computer and I am unable to get on chat. I am trying! crap.

Comment

We'll look for you when you can get there, sweetie.
              sigpic

Comment

Lynn,
                Good to hear from you, glad to know you are doing well. It is a long, learning process, healing from alcohol abuse.
                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Donewithit, stick with the plan to stay AF. You can do it even on your own these few days.
                  My husband walked out before I took being AF seriously and had to do it on my own for 3 months before he came home. There were so many times I could have given in, but I didn't. I didn't know if he would be back or not, so I did it for me. Like DG said, You will know and have to live with it. DON'T let the beast win. Just tell him/her NO and stick to it.
                  Change your thoughts, do something else, whatever it takes, BUT don't pick up.

Winefree

Comment

well thats great news donewithit and as for the little voice it does die down .. just keep doing your best and remember even tho you cant get into chat ..the boards are here for you ..so keep posting and there is pm's .. if you ever need to there is AA meetings .. so much out there to help you stay af .. and if you ever need to lean on anyone just pm me or go to my web site and there you find my number .. please feel free anytime before 12 please lol>>>> florida time
                    stay strong and keep thinking positive
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

thanks all. well after I posted this on Sunday, my husband called me from his hotel room in Niagara Falls. He told me that it was a great room with a big jacuzzi, fireplace and a spectacular view of the falls. Then he said " I wish you were here" Three hours later I was. I am SO SO glad I did not listen to the voice and have a glass of wine or I would not have been able to take him up on his invitation for fear of getting "caught"
                      Anyhooo...I just got home after two nice nights with my husband..now just two more alone. But my resolve is strengthened

Cheers
                      Lynn

Comment

wow well done donewithit - thats a lovely post

Comment

Wow Lynn. Your post put a HUGE smile on my face. I'm so happy for you that your choice to work on improving your marriage rather than snuggle up to evil AL is working out one day at a time. Keep up the awesome choices!!!! :yougo::h:yougo:

DG
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                          X