I made it since the 16th of Oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made it to the end of October. It was tough (in fact) just today, I had my fingers around a beer at a store and was going to give myself a drink. I had it in my hands...Something told me if I start again, I will continue to drink like I have done for 26 years. It was so difficult, I started to sweat and I was starting to get dizzy in the need. I grabbed a ice tea drink (non alcoholic) and drank it and water instead. I am still shaking (I am not sure what it was, I just didn't want to return to the place I was at before). The sheer will power is not enough. You must have belief and pray alot. I was going to go to AA, but too embarrased. I made it 2 weeks (actually over 2 weeks) and let us see where November will bring me. This forum also assisted me in reading sad stories but of hope and courage. IT IS A GREAT FEELING TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT SMELL OF ALCOHOL.....

wineilove;748093 wrote: IT IS A GREAT FEELING TO SPEAK TO PEOPLE KNOWING THAT YOU DO NOT SMELL OF ALCOHOL.....
    I love that feeling too!

Keep up the good work, wineilove
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Wine, you have the power now. You have the non-drinking experience. You faced your fear today, and tho it shook you, you won! Congratulations!!!! Here's to a GREAT NOVEMBER!!!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thank you

Thank you

Marshy;748111 wrote: I love that feeling too!

Keep up the good work, wineilove

Comment

Thank you

Thank you

rubywillow;748148 wrote: Wine, you have the power now. You have the non-drinking experience. You faced your fear today, and tho it shook you, you won! Congratulations!!!! Here's to a GREAT NOVEMBER!!!

Comment

Good for you! You did it! You held strong and kept your power.

I wasn't going to do the AA thing either. I was so afraid I was going to see someone I knew or someone was going to see me. Well, guess what, we are all there for the same reason, to stay alcohol free and deal with a problem. THERE IS NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT. IT IS A GOOD THING, ACTUALLY A GREAT THING.
            And guess what, if someone else knows you, they are there for the SAME problem. Good for both of you!
            I started at AA end of April, about the same time I came back here and also went into counseling. What is helping(I think it is all 3), plus the supplements, reading about alcoholism, etc. AA for me is keeping it real and not just virtual. It is good to know you are not alone and people in all walks of life are in the rooms.
            I guess I'm suggesting you give it a try again if you like. It might work this time. What do you have to lose?

Whatever you do....don't ever give up.

Winefree

Comment

Hi, wineilove -

GOOD FOR YOU!!! You faced your fear dead in the eye and stared it down. HUGE congratulations on that and your 16 AF days. NEVER give up, even for a moment, even when the demon looks you in the eye. Keep it up - you are well on the road to success!

Much love!
              ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Congrats on making it this far. Someday I will quit drinking all together and when I do, I want it to be successful. It takes a lot of prayer and willpower but I know that you can do it!
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Win, hope all is still well. We continue to face obstacles, and they change, or sneak up on us at crazy times. But you've got on your power belt now; you have time, experience and tools to deal with situations.
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Be rightly proud of yourself, wineilove.

Wishing you continued success.

Star x
                    Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

Working...
                    X