Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE NEXT DAY THREAD - NOVEMBER

Evening all,
    Waves, there must be other meds for depression that you can try? Is it a matter of finding the right med, and dosage etc? Hang in there mate, and it's great to see you by the way.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Wavey, from a personal perspective (for me) a shitty life led to depression which led to AL.. which led to more shitty life & more AL etc.. but gradually I worked my way from crazy to sane (some of you may doubt that) through a heap of stuff.. to here... which is???

WOW I'm over 40 (big surprise) but actually my life is better than it was before because it's becoming less complicated.. and whereas before I really was ALONE or surrounded by enemies thru heaps of hard times.. now I have a few friends who keep me going. For example, one friend on the other side of the world in my music thread always keeps me going with a song. That may not seem like much but it is something that I hang on to.. it is important to me.. just like all you peeps here on the NDT..
        I never would have gained so much perspective without you guys.

I struggle with the seesaw about where do i start.. between... "is AL my issue?" or "is depression my issue?" or "is it from the drama.. if the drama stops will I calm down?" That is why I am named 'fickle' because I can't make up my mind which end to begin at!!

Comment

Arrrgh... now I am embarrassed!

Comment

You're right about everything, I guess.

Except that its embarrassing to be here.
            I'll do whatever it takes
            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

We all have our fair share of problem's, that's for sure, and having those issues/problem's is embarrassing. And maybe it's embarrassing being on here, but for me, it's also a great thing, and a great, absolutely magical community we have here. A community where people really give a stuff about each other. I think this is a huge plus for a lot of folk, including you Waves. The fact you are here talking about how you feel, and feel you can do that here, is really important, and valuable, and it means something.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

I am not embarrassed about being here.. only I can't tell anyone about it because of the very tricky politics there is in Aus about depression & al.

If I announced at work or to my friends or family that I was quitting smoking I would get a round of applause everywhere I went.

If I say I don't want to drink to my family, friends or co-workers...much less say I feel depressed or think I have a big of a 'problem drinking' issue... they would all treat me like a leper.. even GP's don't know how to handle that.

So is that my problem or our society? Should I be embarrassed that I've finally found some people who have good sense, are good friens & are not hypocrites?

Comment

Waving_not_drowning;759062 wrote: I have no doubt that anyone posting on here is lonely (In one way or another)

Fuck, why else would we be chatting?

I've never told my mates (except one who tried to kill himself) that I chat on here...

It's embarrassing that I spend time on here talking to you guys instead of going to BBQ's and social events..

Everyone on here has confidance problems..

Someone tell me I am wrong..

(I feel so good about myself, that I need to get pissed every night?)
                  Yep get your point, but pissed or not , these are some of the best people I've ever (not ) met.
                  I sent you a PM but it looks ridiculous and negative now.
                  Anyway hopefully you know by now that I think you are brilliant, funny and adorable.
                  That is all.
                  If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

What you perceive is what you believe, so make sure you look at things the right way....

Comment

Wavey, that is why I am so reclusive.. I just can't handle the pressure to drink! So many of my friends expect that and my family mostly also. Whenever they visit they bring a case or two of wine.. thank goodness this xmas they won't be here

It makes my blood boil and I really think hard about the feckin politics when I look at the amount of money the government spends on promoting, advertising, & giving people incentives to quit smoking but all they can come up with for AL is the 'Alcopop Tax'!!! WTF Look at the NT What a Freakin HUGE hold the AL industry must have on our government!

ABSOLUFREAKINLUTELY NOT enough funding for rehab education for al for people or GP's or detox centres.. .. blahablabla..

I will get off my Soapbox now
                      :H

Comment

Well, G'night folk's. Take care Waves!

Comment

Guitarista;759074 wrote: Well, G'night folk's. Take care Waves!
                          Hi and Bye G force :l
                          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Hey Mr G,
                            glad you stopped by & wishin you well

Comment

Oh, and i think Waves is brilliant, funny, and adorable too..........;-) (sweet dreams big fella!)

Comment

Wishing you well too Fick's. G'night. G'night Bridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X