any comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any comments

Hi-I am glad to be here. I have a concern that i want to express/ask. I have been sober 14 days now with the first 12 days taking campral, however it made me very drowsy so i stopped. i am still ok with not drinking but feel almost flu like physically. Any comments?

any comments

Hi soulsurvivor and welcome!!

Firstly, well done on your 14 days - that is so great!!!

Lots of people get lots of physical symptoms when they stop drinking - feeling flu-ey, headaches, changes of sleep pattern etc etc. I think of it as the body de-toxing itself (but then I'm no medic!!). Just keep it up!!!! and drink lots of water .....!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

any comments

Hi soulsurvivor,

Nice name - Welcome!
      I do remember feeling kind of sick for a while too, but it gets better!
      As recommended, drinks lots of water, eat well, get a little fresh air & exercise, etc.
      Congratulations on your 14 AF days, that's terrific

Wishing you continued success!
      Lav

PS: Feel free to join us on the 'Newbies Nest' thread!
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

any comments

Not giving our body what we've accustomed it to hurts. Withdrawal feels like the flu for a while. But, given whats going on today, if you've have been exposed to someone with the flu, run fever, have ANY medical concerns, see a doctor or some medical professional.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
        X