Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIGHT CLUB!!! November. C'mon all you fighters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rubywillow;749268 wrote: I think it would be great if our different threads would post on each others threads. We're all here for the same thing, right? Let's join forces and really work together to make a difference. I post regularly on the "Get Our Ass In Gear" thread, and we have a new one for November. I know I'd love to see ya'll post there, but in any case, I'm here to support you, and me!, in our common struggle. Have a great day, everyone!
    Ruby - thanks for that and I have been totally thinking the same thing!! There are several threads with different "regulars" but that have different "tones" and people sharing common events (like Halloween or the approach of summer or winter) ...... I tend to stick to the same 2 or 3 mainly because of time zone and seasonal issues -- and also because of sometimes subtle cultural differences (us under-roos have a lingo and a sense of humour that I think appears peculiar to North Americans and Europeans!) But I always read as many as I have time for. I dont often post on them ... but it is nice to know that there are others doing what I'm doing all around the world. Sometimes I wonder whether it is a bit confusing for new people ..... but then again I know that new people are welcomed with open arms everywhere on MWO, wherever they post!!!

So solidarity to all you Fight Club adherents and Get Your Ass In Gear ones too from a No-Bender!!!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Oh, and I forgot .... solidarity to the November Navigators as well!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Ruby-My Bday is also in Nov. As this will be my first af Bday in years and years I am actually looking forward to it!

Finding-Great minds think a like! I've decided it was time I spread out a little bit myself. I am determined to have an AF November.

Chocolate-Welcome :wlecome: stay close, post and read. You will find lots of support here.

Just checking in for the evening. Hope everyone a peaceful night.
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Day 3 check in.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

GOOOOOOOD MORNIN' ALL! Great morning here. There was a fab chat on last night, so many old and new faces. I had to pull myself away to get my beauty sleep (btw, it didn't work). Have a good 'un, Fighters!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Count me in......day 1 here.

Don

Comment

Hi, Don. You've been missed.
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good Day all you fighter,

Don, so glad to see you back.

Just a quick check in here. will try to check back later.

Have a good one everyone.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the offer Ruby!

Aunty Mame, I'm looking forward to picking up some under-roos lingo - maybe then the jokes won't skim my forehead.

Going to try to keep the momentum of a good morning going. Definitely need to get out and get moving. I'm no exercise junkie (wish I were) but a little blood flow is in order.

Good day all.

Comment

I'm still learning my Wii Fit, but it's kicking my butt! LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello everybody! I have been MIA from the October Fight Club. To say the wheels came off the bus is an understatement for October - more like the wheels, the transmission and a few doors too.

October was bad - I had a few AF days in the beginning of the month and then back to the old habits. Work stress, both the actual work I do as well as some personality issues that I had to deal with - and then a very good friend's mother died and her mother was like a second mom to me. I knew alcohol was only deferring the pain, but it was just too much.

So....back to day 1 AF for me. Feeling very shaky about this - the want and desire to drink is very strong.
                        ODAT!

Comment

Hi all, hopeing to join november fight club while its still young.This will be my first AF month in 20 yrs so i am excited to be here.
                          my misses is celibrating her birthday this month with a mock/cocktail party, should be a real test as she does not realy get the issue with me being around so manny drunks and not being one of them.
                          oh wel my mum will be there ive told her to keep an eye on me, she has 10yrs Af and is tickled pink i have changed teams...
                          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Hey all,
                            Just checking in as I haven't been able to for a few days due to a trapped nerve. Painful doesn't even cover it! Am finally feeling better but not before I had to go to A&E. Damn not being registered with a doctor!

Great to see you back Determination and hopefully November will be better though I know it's really hard.

Aspman I love the idea of a 'mocktail' party - that sounds great and I hope you make it through under your mum's watchful eye ;-)

I am off to have a nice cup of tea now that I can move without it being agony!!
                            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Just caghting up with everyone.

Determination-You're back and trying again. That's the important thing. Learn from your mistakes and move on.

aspman-"normal" people may be supportive of what we are trying to do, but really don't have a clue how hard being af is for us. It's great that your mum will be there for support. This will be my first af November in 20 yrs.

Kimberley-My name is also Kimberley. You are the first Kim that I have met that spells it "ley"!! I have a lot of back problems and they can truely make you feel miserable. Glad you are doing better.
                              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

hey all, still fighting the good fight?
                                just a quikie to say hi and thaks for kind words of support lil.
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X