Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIGHT CLUB!!! November. C'mon all you fighters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, gotta keep the Fight Club going.
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Well I'll start it off then. I have some good news - finally got the feeling that I REALLY don't want to drink anymore. I had a drink at the weekend to see if I could drink 'socially' after about 3 months sober (my problem was always drinking at home).

I really wanted to know if I could still have a beer at the pub - noooo that didn't work at all. So I am going with the feeling that drinking is all bad. It definitely is for me. No way I will ever make it as a social drinker. I am glad that I now know that.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Great to have you back Kimberly. I missed you and enjoyed your posts in the past. What didn't work with having a beer at the pub...

I had a little wine last week after being completely stressed out about a work situation, and it didn't work for me either. I didn't get drunk by any means, but I realized that drinking is not a positive thing for me anymore. I fell asleep on the couch till 1 a.m., woke up with a huge thirst and slept restlessly the rest of the night. It was just so not worth it. And, I still have the issues at work.

This weekend I was AF and it was a good weekend. Made lists of stuff to do, did what I needed to, and had no regrets. Took care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, that I cannot ever do if I drink alcohol. I am starting to view being AF as a gift I am giving to myself, a present that only I can give to me.

It is a fight though, and I will check in with you on this thread as much as I can. Take care.
      Redhibiscus

Comment

Hey Red!

What didn't work with having a beer at the pub? I couldn't stop drinking. I must have had about 12 pints then left my bag at the pub and had to go back and retrieve it the next day, grabbed a taxi home an couldn't pay him as I didn't have my wallet. Nothing about going to the pub worked!! Luckily I went with a very good friend who knows about my problem. I told him I was experimenting and he was great.

But I am glad, like you, to recognise that even socially drinking will never work for me. It's a big relief in a way.

Glad you had a great AF weekend - I will be joining you in future!

Recovery Videos

Comment

I'm in for No-Bender Fight Club

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Great Brightlite - I am well up for that after feeling rubbish from last weekend. In fact I don't think I'd like anything more than a sober November. I'm in

Recovery Videos

Comment

I would like to join you. After 30 days I think I would like to keep this going. Thanks.
              AF since 2/4/10
              Nicotine free since 3/31/10
              FINALLY FREE

Comment

Count me in for November. I lost both my father and first husband in November so it's always been a hard month for me. I've decided a little extra support this month is in order.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I think it would be great if our different threads would post on each others threads. We're all here for the same thing, right? Let's join forces and really work together to make a difference. I post regularly on the "Get Our Ass In Gear" thread, and we have a new one for November. I know I'd love to see ya'll post there, but in any case, I'm here to support you, and me!, in our common struggle. Have a great day, everyone!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Shiraz how great that you are gonna make it to 60 days!! Welcome to the Fight Club!

Lil, bless you - really sorry to hear that Nov is difficult for you. I am sending you a lot of strength.

X

Recovery Videos

Comment

Hey Ruby,

Thats a great idea. I have spoken to you in chat and know you are a great source of support for everyone.

Will check in on your thread as well.

Recovery Videos

Comment

lilmea;749266 wrote: Count me in for November. I lost both my father and first husband in November so it's always been a hard month for me. I've decided a little extra support this month is in order.
                        Lil, my late mother and grandmother both had birthdays, on the same day, in November. Also, my # 3 granddaughter, my favorite aunt, and my only biological grandson have bd's this month. So it's special too, and combined with Thanksgiving, which I'm hoping to have at our mountain cabin, I love this month. I'm determined to make it the best in years. Life has been so good for me since finding MWO. The old problems are here each day, but now its ME who sees them, deals with them, and best of all, REMEMBERS them.
                        Love to you all. Thank you for being here.:l
                        sigpic
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm in for November also and wanted to stop in and say hi. I was confused at the beginning of Oct when I first joined and there were 3 monthly threads. So this month I'm trying to spread out a bit and get to know some more folks here.

Comment

Welcome, FM. You'll get more comfortable here as you learn some names. PM if you need help.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hi

Am new to this but am in for November. Started yesterday so I hope Im not just all talk and no action! Best of luck and love to all. xxx

Comment

Working...
                              X