Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FIGHT CLUB!!! November. C'mon all you fighters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kimberly , Good luck with your surgery , Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery:h
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Kimberley-I was af for 51/2 months then I had a 2 week relapse. So now I'm back to 31/2 months. Here is my 'tip' I thought all my problems were caused because of my drinking and would go away when I stopped drinking. They didn't. The good side to that realizing that. I was able to let go of a lot of quilt. Everything wasn't my fault. The hard part to that is learning how to deal with things without hiding in a bottle. Learning to "live life on life's terms" I hope your surgery goes well. What exactly is the problem?

aspman-Well, our snaky friend, a new baby sounds just wonderful. I've been an empty nest for many years now. I still miss those days when they were little. Enjoy this time. It goes by so fast.

Angle-The last time we talked...weren't you moving? Forgive me if I've got that wrong. The old memory you know. :H How was your week end? Good I hope. We had 2 lovely days but now it's back to rainy and gloomy.

Emmy-It's always good to see you. You are sounding strong.

Finding-I've paid for part of our traveling with the money I've saved being af. Now if I could just quit smoking, we could fly first class instead of coach!!

I hope all you fighters have a good day.
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Thanks Emmy and 'Real Kim' ;-) I am assuming everything went well as I have just got hope after a very long day and 2.5 hours of surgery. I broke my ankle 3 years ago and it has never been right since, so this last surgery was keyhole to try and clean up the broken cartiledge in there. Still feeling a bit sicky from the anaesthetic but very glad to be home.

3.5 months is still really great and the 5.5 shows you can do it. When I did my longest string of AF days I believed, like you, that all my problems would dissolve. Some of them did and life was much better in a way, but many still need resolving. I STILL can't let go of guilt and I think this is holding me back from doing better. Yes I agree about it being hard to learn how to deal with things without the usual 'al crutch'. I have never done this in my entire adult life, so I really need to learn and I hope DBT will help me.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

kimberley- hope your ankle comes good, have they had a few shots at fixing it?

lil- its a fun time here, our boy is 6months old and the next one is due in april
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

p.s keep fighting the good fight.
            AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Kimberley;754467 wrote: Just wanted the Fight Club to wish me well for my latest fight. I have ANOTHER ankle operation tomorrow - I hope this one will fix it for good.

Please have me in your thoughts, as I have you all in my thoughts at moments every day.
              Kimberly, I've been thru 2 ankle surgeries, and it will never be right, so I hope yours helps A LOT. Keep us up-to-date, OK! Good work, everyone.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Kimberley-How are you doing after your surgery? I hope you have someone there to help you for a while. Let us know how things are going.

Aspman-A baby due in April. You and your wife will be busy!! Is that your little boy in your avatar? He is so cute. You are a lucky man.

AC-How are you doing? Do you folks have something like Thanksgiving where you are?

Finding-How are things going for you? Getting ready for Thanksgiving? Any more thoughts on getting away for a mini vacation? You know I love those roadtrips.

Ruby-Thanks for the support. It's so nice of you to stop in and see us!

Well I'm going to wrap things up for the night. I hope everyone is doing well.
                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

hello all, stil fighting? I am!

yes lil the pic is of my little boy. he is my center and I dont know how i lived without him, god that sounds soppy even to me...
                  AF since 10/26/2009

Comment

Hi all, thanks for messages re ankle. My ma has been staying down, fetching me food and that, and she will go back tomorrow. Bless her.

I think I will cope though. I can now walk around without crutches but am still having to bath with one leg hanging over the side! Oh I hate that! Will find out in a week and half how the op has gone as I have a hospital appointment - but it's feeling ok so far :-)

Wow Aspman your little guy is so cute - do you know if it will be a brother or sister that he will be having in April? You don't sound soppy at all!

Hope all of you are having a nice weekend. Mine is restful (read 'boring'!). I'd rather be up and about and going out but the weather is atrocious so I am kind of glad my ankle isn't letting me do that :-)
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                    X