Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With your help, I'm still strong at 31 days!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone.
    Yes, that's right, I am now sitting with 31 days under my belt. :thanks: WooHoo!!
    And I am not missing anything about drinking at all!!
    I spent the weekend in Toronto helping set up a party which I didn't attend,
    (although I suspected I wouldn't be craving, I didn't want to chance it yet)
    and the rest of the weekend helping boy/f move to new place. After heavy
    lugging and stairs up and down and up and down, by 5 or 6pm I was REALLY
    wanting an ice cold one, but when we got to the restaurant quickly ordered
    a diet coke with lemon before I changed my mind.

31 days. Wow. 5 weeks ago I was such a mess, so terribly depressed. I just
    didn't think I would ever NOT be able to drink. This sobriety has given me a
    new feeling towards life. It's exciting to not wake up hungover. To get the
    restaurant bill and it's all food..not mostly liquor. To be able to just take
    off and see a friend, and not be stuck at home because I can't drive, and have
    no gumption to get my ass off the couch.

It's a struggle, no doubt about it, but so worth it. But, I also know I can never
    let my guard down, always be aware the beast will continue to whisper sweet
    nothings!!! in my ear to seduce me to drink. I'm keeping my battle gear close to
    me for the rest of my life!!

Anyway, just wanted to share my happiness. When I first came to MWO it was reading
    about others success that helped push me forward.

Thanks, DLA :h:h
    Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
    Sir Walter Scott
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

a HUGE congratulation's, this really is an amazing place to have found, well done you.
    Twitch

Comment

Congratulations! 31 Days is a Good Strong Beginning to your new life!! Isn't it amazing, how at the end of 30-31 days, the fog begins to lift....the fog of panic attacks and continuous depression......wow! It just keeps getting better!

Please think about joining your fellow Abbers...in the Monthly Abbs thread, I am sure that you have a lot to share!

Best Wishes on Your Continued Success!
      xx Kate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

What an inspiring story! Life is wonderful, isn't it, when we know where we are and what we're doing (and remember it tomorrow!!!). You are right to be on your guard, and it's a cruel master to have in our past, but not having it in our today is wonderful. Congratulations!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

DLA, Congratulations !! I can feel your happiness :happy: It must be such a wonderful feeling. Keep the inspiration coming !!
          Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

KateH1;749237 wrote: Congratulations! 31 Days is a Good Strong Beginning to your new life!! Isn't it amazing, how at the end of 30-31 days, the fog begins to lift....the fog of panic attacks and continuous depression......wow! It just keeps getting better!

Please think about joining your fellow Abbers...in the Monthly Abbs thread, I am sure that you have a lot to share!

Best Wishes on Your Continued Success!
            xx Kate
            Thank you TW , RW , Kate, and Miss October

Yes, each day just feels better, and it's weird...as I was working through each day, which seemed to DRAG, looking back, those 31 days flew by!!
            Nothing has changed in my daily life in terms of struggles..my bank account still screams for more money, I still have to nag my 14 yr old to shower so we can be in the same room haha, home still needs to be cleaned daily and so forth..nothing magically changed for me being sober. But now I can deal with everything with a clear head, without sudden anger outbursts which I later regret and feel guilty for.

LIFE IS JUST SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Kate, now I'll feel more comfortable posting there 'Monthly Abbs thread'

DLA
            Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
            Sir Walter Scott
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

DLA what a lovely post.
              Well done!
              The sober life really does get better and better.
              Keep on truckin'!
              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

drylifeahead;749250 wrote: Thank you TW , RW , Kate, and Miss October

Yes, each day just feels better, and it's weird...as I was working through each day, which seemed to DRAG, looking back, those 31 days flew by!!
                Nothing has changed in my daily life in terms of struggles..my bank account still screams for more money, I still have to nag my 14 yr old to shower so we can be in the same room haha, home still needs to be cleaned daily and so forth..nothing magically changed for me being sober. But now I can deal with everything with a clear head, without sudden anger outbursts which I later regret and feel guilty for.

LIFE IS JUST SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!

Kate, now I'll feel more comfortable posting there 'Monthly Abbs thread'

DLA
                YOU are truly living your life now, love. Embrace it.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

DLA, BIG congratulations on 31 days! That is fabulous and it sure does feel that way, doesn't it? Keep it up! :happy: :wd: :yay: :wd: :happy:

Much love! :h
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                  X