music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

music

i know there is a thread down the page about this but if any of you are as lazy as me you never get that far down, i have been listening to my ipod all day today and now that i feel i know some of you just thought it would be fun to see what all your music tastes are, i have been listening to john lennon and country joe mcdonald today, also stackridge bet noones heard of them, tell me what you all like, love Tawnywitch
    Twitch

music

I'm partial to natural, earth mothers. If I could have a wish, it would be to sing like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ar-Ufs0nP0[/video]]YouTube - Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton and Linda Ronstadt " When We're Gone Long Gone" live Trio era
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

music

Hey Tawny, I know who Country Joe McDonald is - on humid days my roommate tells me I look like him in the Woodstock movie because my hair starts looking like his! :H Country Joe and The Fish! Of course I know John Lennon. Don't know the last one though.

I listen to mostly reggae and soca (derived from calypso and east Indian music, originally from Trinidad). This started when I was in my workshop at night, and this was on the radio every week night. Kept me focussed and awake I guess, and dancing around. I like lots of rhythm and percussion, just makes my nervous little self burn off a lot of energy. There's a real spiritual quality to a lot of reggae music as well, besides the groovy rhythm.
      At this very moment I'm listening to Morgan Heritage. Usually I carry a few reggae compilation CDs in the car - I'm too old and low tech to have an iPod I guess!

I also like old disco (and hated that stuff when it came out, I was such a rock n roller back in the day!). My other all time favorite is Santana, I never miss him live if I can help it, first saw him in about 74 (after seeing him in the Woodstock movie, in 70, where he brought out the "dance" in me - hence my screen name). Of current (as in, touring) bands I like Robert Randolph, Derek Trucks, Los Lobos, Steel Pulse. All of these are beyond fabulous in person.

Fun thread, Tawny! You made me go off on a tangent! :H
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYCy8pHsVnI[/video]]YouTube - Emmylou Harris & Johnny Cash - 2 gospel songs
        sigpic
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

music

i love emmy lou ive been dancing to feeling single and i love santana, its good to go off on a tangent some times isnt it?
          Twitch

Comment

music

She is a GODDESS! If there is reincarnation, all I ask for is her voice. LOL
            sigpic

Comment

music

feeling single, seeing double wound up in a whole lot a trouble, hah sound familiar?????
              Twitch

Comment

music

This should tell us all something.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df53LWQuezQ[/video]]YouTube - Brad Paisley - Alcohol
                sigpic

Comment

music

Younger Brother? Ott? Entheogenic? New Age Hippies? Shpongle? Abakus? Hallucinogen? Sub Sonar? Ozric Tentacles? Kuba? Pitch Black? Ekoplex?

Mainly psi trance and down tempo chill out stuff that soothes the soul.

This is a beautiful track by Younger Brother that just sends chills down my spine when I hear it. Listen from 1:50 onwards as the intro may be a bit long for some! The chorus at 2:35 is just orgasmic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiyVE0PPSEs&feature=related[/video]]YouTube - younger brother live @ brixton academy
                  "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                  Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

music

Love it, Phil. Thanks. You guys can learn a lot about me from my music choices.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLZAWtdFhio[/video]]YouTube - Alison Krauss-A Living Prayer
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X