Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Thoughts on Friendship - Revisited

Some Thoughts On Friendship
    I have been here for 7 months. When I joined, I was extremely sad - perhaps even desperate. I embraced most aspects of the programme and gradually developed a comfortable on-line relationship with other members.

Over time, a few names stood out and I felt a closer bond forming and I actively engaged in a more vigorous dialogue - both in chat and through posts.

Things have changed dramatically. Yes, my drinking is now at an acceptable level but more importantly, I am proud and privileged to have taken taken some friendships off-line and into my private "real" world. I have a genuine love for my friends who have enriched my life to a previously unimaginable level. We are in daily contact, sharing our laughter and tears. We exchange emails, photos and gifts. We look out for each other.

Life has, and always will have, sharp edges. But my friends have, jointly, wrapped me in a much stronger suit of armour. And for that I will continue to love them.

Tawny

My response with many after:

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The gentle kindness shown to me when I was such a sad person last February saved my life.

Please know that these people exist on this board.

Helen
Working...
X