6 years of increased drinking, now I'm sober since november 3.rd 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats right, november 3.rd is tomorrow, but I'm starting on Antabuse so SCREW YOU ALCOHOL, YOU CAN'T TOUCH ME NOW HAHA!

Wish me luck! Now I'm going to drink beer and feel sick tomorrow morning for the last time in a while.

If you are on Antabuse also I'd like to hear from you.

:new:

Scan, what is your goal? I wish you luck, b/c AL WILL rob you of your life. Glad your here.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I basically drink myself to sleep every evening, all week, and drink myself stupid during the weekends. I only drink about 10-12 small beers every day, and 20 in the weekend, but I notice that after several years of doing this its tearing me down psysically and mentally. Also I feel kinda crappy and hung over most mornings.

My goal is to stay sober for a few months at least, and then to not drink during the week anymore, not more than two nights in a row, and not drink as much when I drink.

But I'm scared to take the first Antabuse...

Comment

Have you ever detoxed on your own, Scan?

Are you aware of the dangers?

Define "small" beer: how many ml's, and what is the alcohol content?
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Small beer: 350ml 4,5% alcohol. I only start to drink every day after 6 in the evening, so I guess I'm not at risk of having physical withdrawal sympsoms.

Comment

Be careful here, sweets. You sound young, so lets take time to research what your doing and where you want to go.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm sorry if my first post came out very goofy and arrogant, I'm just a bit anxious about starting on Antabuse... And BTW I'm 31 so its about time I stop drinking every day

Comment

Scan, don't worry, hon. We are all anxious when we start here. Jump in to a group and get to know some people. It helps a lot when you're trying to make a plan.
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Scan....If you plan on drinking today....please find out if it is OK to take antibuse if alcohol is still in your system? From my understanding.....any amount of alcohol in the blood stream when antibuse is taken can make you deathly ill!

Best Wishes!
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

If I've drank the night before - and my usual amount was a bottle and a half 14% red wine (approx 15 units) I would wait until about 3 pm, and then take my antabuse. I have actually even taken it at 1 pm, and been fine.
                    I think if you allow the liver an hour for every unit you drank, before taking your tab, you shouldn't be ill. But that's only my experience. ... Affects everybody differently I guess.
                    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

I'll definetely wait at least 15 hours before taking the Antabuse. I just hope that I take it. I excel in making excuses, procastinating and putting things off...

Comment

Just don't drink on the Antabuse. It can damage your liver or worse. And it does not make the cravings go away so you have to be very sure that you will not drink...no matter what!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Bright's right. It wont stop the cravings, only take the choice of whether to drink or not away.
                          I'm still not sure that antabuse is the thing for me. At first I was elated to get it, but then I came to resent it when I took one, cuz I wish I hadn't!
                          I'm scraping thru with willpower at the moment, which in a way makes me feel stronger, cuz I know i'm doing it myself. I could have drank today if I had wanted (I did want to), but I chose not to. Hopefully I can do the same tomorrow, and the day after that. If I'd taken the antabuse, I'd be going nuts, wishing I hadn't taken it !!!.
                          I know! .....makes no sense!!!!
                          I also know, that I am one of the few, who can
                          drink on it. .....that wasn't by deliberately drinking on it, I'd forgotten I'd taken it that day.
                          My doctor did say to me (before he gave in to my pleading for it) .. "it's no good me giving it to you, cuz you'll just drink on it". He know's me too well!!
                          I am in the minority! Most people absolutely CANNOT drink on it, so don't even try. If you have the slightest incling that you may, then don't take it.
                          You have to be 100% commited to abstaining.
                          That said, I know a few people for who it's been a life line to staying sober. You have to try everything to find what works for you.
                          Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Thanks for the support here. Its nice because I don't wanna tell anyone I know that I have been drinking as much as I have the last years. I definetively won't try to drink while on the Antabus. The "side effects" are way too scary

Now I have to get the motivation to start on it. Demn, I was so sure about it earlier today when I was hung over hehe

Comment

Scan, I hope you don't take this wrong, but I'm concerned about what you actually want from the antabuse, or even where you're going. I'm a lot older than you, and tho that doesn't make us wiser, it does mean we've seen more. It seems you need to ultimately decide if you can be done with AL, and what part it plays in your life now. I hope you will evaluate where you are now, and where you want to be in the future. For me, personally, AL has been nothing but destructive. I don't want you to be chased away by my opinion. This site is for everyone, in every stage, and your goals may change as you get older. I just want you to honestly look at yourself, and what is best for you. I hope to see you here for a long time.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X