Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLUTAMINE AND CAFFEINE QUESTIONS

Hello

Could anybody kindly give me some dosage info on Glutamine (and Kudzu) - I have been taking about 2-3000mg of Glutamine just as I start drinking in the evening, but don't feel it really helps - and I still end up binging. Also, I drink quite a lot of coffee in the morning (I wonder why!), but worry that even in the evening, the caffeine is stimulating more drinking, either as I am more stressed or maybe chemically? Could anyone give me some hints? I'm really struggling, and need to get on top of things. Probably drinking around the equivalent of 5 - 600ml of vodka a night (mixture of vodka, beer, wine) - often very quickly.

Many thanks,

Gemma442

Hi Gemma and welcome!

The L-Glutamine does take the edge off, but as most people here have discovered, it (and most of the supps) are not a magic pill in and of themselves. If you look to Kudzu and L-Glut to totally take away your desire to drink completely, that is most likely not going to happen. We still have to deal with our "mental addiction" and there has to be a resolve within yourself to stop either permanently or for a set time that you feel you can handle and then the supplements will help you not be so antsy. The L-Glutamine helps to relax a little bit and gives a feeling of well-being and satisfaction to a certain point, thus making the mental stronghold of wanting a drink not quite as severe. But realize that these are only tools to help you in a decision that must come from within yourself. I know for me, I was disappointed when I first started this program and taking the supplements did not take away my desire to drink. They have positive physical benefits that make it easier, but they only address the physical, not the mental battle. Make sense?

I hope this helps... please keep posting and reading. I found to begin with that I would pick one night a week to not drink. That was doable. Then go to two nights... that is what worked best for me. What is a reasonable goal that you feel you can successfully achieve now? Then take the supplements, but remember the ultimate resolve must come from within. As far as the dosage, from my understanding there are no harmful side effects to taking more than what the dosage says. I double it and that makes a big difference.

All the best to you!
    If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Thanks very much Sheri - really great. Gemma

Comment

Sheri, thanks for that L-glut link -- it sums up all the research I have done over many years, and answers all the questions that had remained. (If only I had found it earlier!) I am going to repost this link on another thread (giving you credit, of course=-)

Thanks again
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X