Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New 30 dy whatever you are doing thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys, LUV started one of the biggest threads here on the boards, that truly saved my life, and gave us our Bear, and many many friendships! Its practically gone by the wayside! I can't let that happen! Let's at least all check in and keep in touch! It started out doing 30 dys, AF, but it ended up being like a family thread of support. I've met soooo many truly good friends here! We've had each other to lean on for many years! So, I'll start....I came to Colorado end of Aug., and I'm still here! More2 has been up, and we posted about that, had a great time! I was going home with Chuck, who's been here and back alot too, and I met him from here, in Houston for a pharmacy compounding seminar.
    We were going home last weekend, and the biggest snow storm that has ever hit CO in Oct., hit here....we had 2 ft. of snow, it only lastest 2 dys, it got to 60 degrees 2 dys later, and its gone now, and beautiful weather, the 60's and 70's....thing was, this weekend, the storm went to KS., and the roads were closed! I got Chuck a flight out on Monday, so he was sad to have to leave without me again, but he got to spend a great weekend here, not spending it driving! The bad news for me is this, and I need prayers.....I have dear, dear friends, that are really like family to me, ya'll all know my real Dad passed away, then my stepdad, and my Uncle that was like a Dad, and now, this couple that has been together for 60 yrs., and in my life for 22, he had gone to Hopkins with me on my first year check-up, after finding out he had lung cancer, never smoked....I stayed with them while he had surgery for nearly a month, and got us all back to TX...he has been free and clear for 5 yrs. too, I had my check-up, an all clear, and he thought he'd have the same result...6 mos CAT scan last time show AOK, this one, showed pancreatic and liver cancer, with no treatment possible...he's 82, but runs circles around the rest of us, he plays golf 4 days a week, still working as a pharmacist 3 dys...he has taken it terribly of course, and has practically laid down waiting to die. I'm HEARTBROKEN AGAIN.... I can't imagine a life without all these folks in it, and my friend, she's never spent a night alone in their house, she spent the first night away from him in 47 yrs., with me, helping me move, or this or that, but never in their house alone. She is breaking my heart too, doesn't know what to do! She's just in shock. I'm determined to not let this run me under the bus, but its hard. I'm back to working out here in CO., joined the health club, I'm juicing veggies and fruit, and I've limited myself to 2 drinks only in the evening...down from mindless eating and drinking during the shock and stress time, waiting 2 wks. for the tests to come back, and the initial devastation. I have to be strong for them, not a mess. I hope ya'll all post and let us know what is going on with you! Please pray for us! Love you all.....
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

wow texas, tough time your at. we havnt met, but i feel for you. my grandmother dyed this year from panc cancer and left my granfather alone for the first time in his life. all you can do is try to be there for her. sounds corny but there it is.

good luck,stay strong.
    AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Texas, that's a lot to handle for you. So sorry about it all, but life has a way of going through these phases sometimes, and we have to hold on to all those wonderful memories to get us through. You have friends here, family really, and we will help you share the load on the bad days. My life is super busy these days, my family is healthy, so I have no complaints, really. I will keep you in my prayers. They DO help.
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi TIT,
        I recall when Luv started the 30 days thread..........I joined it, but only very briefly as I just wasn`t fully prepared to quit drinking then. Luckily for me, I did find `my way out` though and I thank my god that I seem to be going from strength to strength, although........I now take nothing for granted.

I`m sorry that you`re going through such heartbreak. I will be praying for all of you. I am glad to read that you are stopping after only 2 drinks.........I hope you`re proud of that. It`s so easy to drink to buffer life`s heartaches and yet it`s plain stupid too, for sadly,drink can`t change a thing.

Lovely to hear from you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :l

Star x
        Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

I have lost a lot of friends to AL over the years, and have found out a woman I've known 53 years, who was the epitome of the delicate, girly, church-going (her daddy was a preacher) sweetie later got in trouble right out of high school, pregnant, not married when it was taboo, later became a bartender and married a rake, then began to drink heavily. She wouldn't go to a doctor when she started to swell and turn yellow b/c she didn't want to admit her AL problem, now really no hope for her. Another girl Hubs grew up with who was the 'IT' girl, all the guys drooled over her, she drank and smoked so much, plus sunbathed constantly. Now she has emphesema, has to use oxygen daily. Her skin looks like old leather, and her voice is gravelly. I used to be so jealous of them both, now I'm so sad for them. Like Garth Brooks sings, 'Thank God For Unanswered Prayers'.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well girlie.....first I am gonna say how much I love you. We have been together a long, long time on these boards. When I started the 30 day thread I was a real holy mess. You all were my lifeline. You know what brought me here was the loss of someone I loved dearly...I started drinking and nearly drank myself to death. LITERALLY! The advice I can offer you is....you have to get to a point of peace. The older we get the more people we will lose on this earth. But, this is temporary. I know you believe in Heaven.....this time between death and eternity is a time of passing. We will all be together again. I suppose we could stay drunk through the pain, but you know what...I tried that...it doesn't work. I still cried all the time and I was physically ill on top of it. Thanks to you all I have been sober a long time now. I have slipped 3 times in the last year....far better than I was. I am back to being the Mama I was before I buried myself in a bottle. Stay strong....give it to God! He will see ya through it all.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Texas . Sorry to hear you have fallen on rough times , You are in my prayers:l
              Being AF isn't everthing ~ Its the Only Thing

AF 9/28/09
              non-smoker

Comment

Brit, it's lovely that you have that conviction. I do too. I dream constantly about my Momma and Daddy, and close friends I've lost. I feel it's their way of letting me know they're OK, and just waiting till we're together again. Even my beloved Wolfgang, the dog of a lifetime, comes to me, and it is such a comfort to know they are together, and alright. My Daddy talked to his late Momma all day before he died. Just because we couldn't see her didn't mean she hadn't come for her baby. And the day before Momma died, she dreamed Daddy had come and asked her to go out with him. That's when I knew the end was near, and he would be there to hold her hand. I realize others don't have the same beliefs, and that's OK, too, as long as they don't denigrate mine. It's the reason I've never feared death, only hoped I could stay as long as I can with my children and grandchildren who are here. It's lovely to understand we have the hope of seeing everyone again, and becoming part of the universe.
                sigpic

Comment

Best wishes to you TIT. You have a great attitude, that shines through. And i like what Brit said, re, getting drunk....tried it, and it doesn't work. The emotional pain is still there, but with the physical pain from booze on top of that.
                  Thinking of you, and warmest regard's from way over here. x

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I didn't always have that conviction Rubes...but, I tried it my way and that didn't work out to well for me. So, I figured I could give it to God and let him help me through. Once I did that...my life has looked up. Now, that doesn't mean I don't miss my loved ones that I have lost, I do. But, it does make this time without them easier to bare. I had to get to a point where I didn't feel Billy's death was a punishment for something I had done wrong. I felt extreme guilt for a long time. The "what if's" will kill ya. BUT, this is LIFE. The reality is we will all die one day....some sooner than others. I am not looking for death, but I know if I died today, my kids would be proud of me and have a lot of good memories. It was through the support of the folks here that I got to this point, I am eternally grateful for all of you.

Comment

And Brit, you just shine.
                      sigpic

Comment

LUV, I just couldn't let the legacy you started die out! Thank you all soooo much for the thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate it, and I'm so glad to see new friends here. I've tried medicating with AL, it just makes you sicker, and more depressed! I love you all!
                        "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Thank YOU, TITs, for reviving this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes it does TIT!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X