The Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Builder

An elderly carpenter was ready to retire. He told his employer-contractor of his plans to leave the house building business and live a more leisurely life with his wife enjoying his extended family. He would miss the paycheck, but he needed to retire. They could get by.

The contractor was sorry to see his good worker go and asked if he could build just one more house as a personal favor. The carpenter said yes, but in time it was easy to see that his heart was not in his work. He resorted to shoddy workmanship and used inferior materials. It was an unfortunate way to end his career.

When the carpenter finished his work and the builder came to inspect the house, the contractor handed the front-door key to the carpenter. ?This is your house,? he said, ?my gift to you.?

What a shock! What a shame! If he had only known he was building his own house, he would have done it all so differently. Now he had to live in the home he had built none too well.

So it is with us. We build our lives in a distracted way, reacting rather than acting, willing to put up less than the best. At important points we do not give the job our best effort. Then with a shock we look at the situation we have created and find that we are now living in the house we have built. If we had realized, we would have done it differently.

Think of yourself as the carpenter. Think about your house. Each day you hammer a nail, place a board, or erect a wall. Build wisely. It is the only life you will ever build. Even if you live it for only one day more, that day deserves to be lived graciously and with dignity. The plaque on the wall says, ?Life is a do-it-yourself project.?

Who could say it more clearly? Your life today is the result of your attitudes and choices in the past. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and the choices you make today.

? Author Unknown

have a great day
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

The Builder

And so it is with our bodies. As Katherine Hepburn said, "If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself." Thanks, T.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

The Builder

True true true......
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

The Builder

If I had a hammer ! Way to go T.........No wiser words were ever said ( At least that I can remmeber--Ha!)......IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Builder

Very nice....
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

The Builder

Who could say it more clearly? Your life today is the result of your attitudes and choices in the past. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitudes and the choices you make today
            How very true. Thanks for the post Mr. T
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

The Builder

Great post Mr T, thank you!

Comment

The Builder

thank you T

Comment

The Builder

Lovely Mr T!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

The Builder

Starty........Your Avatar.....Looks like you've got your big girl pants on..Huh? Ha! IAD.
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

The Builder

IAD;751157 wrote: Starty........Your Avatar.....Looks like you've got your big girl pants on..Huh? Ha! IAD.
                      iad i have been told they are tipotronics :H

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

The Builder

great post tirgs ,love it

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
                        X