L-glutamine confused..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys, need some of your advice about L-Glutamine,I have been taking tablets of 500mgs each, three times a day, take two tabs each time , so 3000mgs daily.

I have nearly run out and after reading different posts about L-G I could or even should be taking more. Some have said the powder is absorbed better,

so I bought 2 tubs of 300gs each on offer for the price of one, cost 40 euros.. is that a right price do you reckon ??? It sis 100% pure glutamine

but on the tub it says 5gs mixed with 100mls water = 100grms of L-G.. says this is the dose for average male of 80kgs and to take twice a day and not to exceed the dose.....!!!

I am now really confused coz a lot of you guys are taking 8 to 10,000 daily, plus I read up on the net and its not poss to over dose...?????????????

any suggestions please you wise ones...

luv ya all,
    L J
    :l:l:l

I'm cornfused too, LJ! LOL Being an American, hard to translate. Bet Starty can help when she gets off shift.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hiya LJ
      5grams is about 1 heaped teaspoon or 5000milligrams
      I have taken this dose twice a day which is fine and I know people who have taken more.
      Lglut is very safe and you can dump some directly under your tongue if the cravings get bad.
      Oh and I would expect to pay about ?20 for each tub, maybe a little less.
      Does this help?
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

startingover;751845 wrote: Hiya LJ
        5grams is about 1 heaped teaspoon or 5000milligrams
        I have taken this dose twice a day which is fine and I know people who have taken more.
        Lglut is very safe and you can dump some directly under your tongue if the cravings get bad.
        Oh and I would expect to pay about ?20 for each tub, maybe a little less.
        Does this help?
        yep thx starts,

I read also about that putting under the tongue was good, gonna give it a go tomorrow.

Comment

Hi there!!

I take anywhere from 5,000 to 13,000 a day depending if I remember to do the second dose.
          Just love it, seems to calm me, give me energy, and just an all around good feeling.

My question is do you take this for the rest of your life like a multivitamin?

Many thanks, DLA
          Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
          Sir Walter Scott
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Dry, I understand its a very beneificial supplement to take for many reasons.
            If it makes you feel good take it!

Comment

L-glut is beneficial in many ways. It is an amino acid. What everyone here has said is right, but just to sum it up:

The powder dissolved in water is the most efficient and economical way to take it. 5grams 1-3 times a day is a good dosage. It works better and faster on an empty stomach. I take 5grams first thing in the morning. It doesn't matter how much water (or juice) you put it in. It has a mild, slightly sweet taste.

As Drylife says, it helps people a lot with energy and cravings and has a calming effect for some. Athletes take it after working out. Good stuff all round.

The price you paid, ladyjan, sounds very reasonable (I pay 3x as much here in Skandinavia, but I know you can get it for about $35 in the U.S. for one 300gr tub).

I do not find the L-glut to have any effect on my cravings, but I have a strong belief in it for its many positive healing properties.

I don't think you can OD on it, but I understand it doesn't do any good to take more than 15-20gr per day.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Sheri posted this link on another thread here. I am reposting it after reading it. It is the most comprehensive and easy to understand treatment of l-glut I have seen. Thank you sheri!

The Way Up Newsletter : Benefits of Amino Acid L-glutamine
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks Beatle!
                  I knew I could rely on you to to give some good advice and thanks also for reposting that article. I hadnt seen it.

Comment

Working...
                  X