bubble spinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bubble spinner

I know it's not a great idea to trade one addiction for another, but I found a computer game that is really addictive and has gotten me past some of those times where I really would like a drink. Bubble Spinner. It's a free online game. I unfortunately spent over 2 hours per day over the weekend playing it. I'm trying to limit myself starting now. I find it's better than focusing on trying not to have a drink.

What are anyone's thoughts on spending too much time online with games? Also, anyone else have a favorite online game?

bubble spinner

I don't play online games, but I love Zuma Deluxe, and good old Freecell

Plus, I'm addicted to the Army Thread on MWO
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

bubble spinner

WIP -
      I don't play online games, but I do believe it is important to find ANYTHING that will occupy what was our drinking time, so enjoy your games! Bet you spent more than 2 hours a day on the old vice AL, and that's not including lost time feeling crappy the next day.I know I spent more than 2 hours a day on MWO, especially in the first days and weeks. It was definitely time well spent!
      ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

bubble spinner

hi WIP,
        I play world of warcraft, if you have an inkiling that online games are addictive, dont start on WOW, lol.
        I have cut down to about 3hrs a day on work days and play 'only' 6hrs straight on off work days.
        however that is a hangover from my pre MWO days, so I am sure dance is right, anything to occupy your time is a bonus
        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

bubble spinner

I went.....I tried......I played.......I sucked! :H

But it was fun and I can see how it could be addicting, and yes, whatever works. I do so much better when I stay busy. Just occupying your mind with anything other than AL.

:l
          Ak
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

bubble spinner

LOL akgirl,

I was addicted a few years ago to text-twist. Many!! many!! hours spent playing a game that would take my mind off my troubles because it was timed, and you had to be quick. Still remember the 'high' I got when I figured out the bonus word time and again, getting higher and higher scores, til one day I realized that in addition to my drinking problem, I now had an online problem. Please remember-it was My thought on my problem.

I just stopped playing one day, and really have no interest anymore. Now I troll the 'net to find interesting things to read, guess I feel I am enlightening my mind instead of wasting my time??

That being said I also believe you do whatever you need to help you remain AF. If text-twist, solitaire whatever helped me, I would not hesitate to spend whatever time it took to move me forward. If it helps you, do it!! :l

DLA :h:h
            Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
            Sir Walter Scott
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

bubble spinner

:nutso: Aaahhhh! Now I'm addicted to bubbles!

Comment

bubble spinner

hehe...
                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

bubble spinner

Thanks alot WIP, I've spent the better part of the afternoon playing. I will probably see bubbles in my sleep tonight :H

Comment

bubble spinner

Tiptronic, thanks for the Zuma Deluxe suggestion. It is really fun. I am expanding my library of online games. Don't know if that's good or bad, but it's occupying my time for now!:thanks:

Comment

bubble spinner

hmm .... I love Zuma and facebook has some pretty good games too ..... oops ..... better not get another addiction .....
                      ?We are one another's angels?
                      Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

bubble spinner

try this one if you like word games:

http://wordsandwich.com/
                        vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

bubble spinner

I'm a sucker for online MahJong. I also love spider solitare, but these days, I really suck at it.
                          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X