Gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude

In light of what I wrote in todays Army post, I felt the need to contemplate on gratitude and I know when I take time for gratitude, I perceive a better world. Today, I am grateful for my sobriety, health and happiness. I am grateful for the MWO programme who are there 24/7. I am grateful to have a roof over my head and clothes on my back. I give thanks for being loved and being capable to love. If I so choose I can regard everything that happens in my life as a gift from which I can learn and grow. Even the darkest moments can be faced with gratitude, if not for the crisis itself,for the changes and growth it can evoke, an old quotation 'when it gets dark enough you can see the stars'. So I invite you to reflect on what you are grateful for today and remember everything has its wonders even darkness.

Gratitude

Another keeper irish!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Gratitude

Im gratefull for so much as well Irish and im also gratefull to have you as a friend.

Comment

Gratitude

Ditto what Limers says. Plus in a weird way, I am grateful to have had the experience of addictions. It is making my life what it is today and thats good.
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Gratitude

your so right irish, i certainly look at things from a more positive place

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Gratitude

I was so glad to know I was sober yesterday, even tho I have an atypicially angry day, when my deadbeat, drunken renter cursed me out last night on the phone and I was able to respond deliberately. Even tho I ranted a bit later, (thank you MWO friends, for letting me vent!) I was able to come up with a sane, logical, legal plan that will indeed get me the last word. I'm SO greatful for my Hubs, my family, my dogs, my friends, my home, my God, all the wonderful things in my life that I can now enjoy. And at last that I can handle these hiccups in life soberly when they come my way.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Gratitude

Irish, thank you for sharing. This one made it all the way to my printer!!!

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Gratitude

Thank you Irish, and all for Sharing....GRATITUDE....such a powerful motivator!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Gratitude

"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars."

I love this quote. Thank you for the reminder of the importance of gratitude.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                  X