Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check in

Hi all,
    i just want to check in and say that i'm doing well. Being AF for some time now(and i mean completely AF not even a single drink) . I've lost count on AF days(thats a good thing . The problem is i am feeling soooo good i want to feel even better(hello alcohol), but i keep reminding what al is doing to me (huge depression, paranoia, panic, shakes, sweats, sometimes suicidal thoughts) so i am staying away from it as far as i can.
    On sat i will attend my last exam at uni and there is gonna be a all night party. Everyone will expect me to drink, but i will have an excuse(DRIVING). I love driving now as it makes so easy to get away with not drinking. The problem is that if you are not drinking here, you are considered either weird or alcoholic. Well i am an weird alcoholic, but i do not want everyone know about it so driving is a fantastic excuse.

All the best to you and stay strong,
    Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Check in

:goodjob: great to hear you doing so well network keep on driving :judie:

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Check in

Ah, Net, isn't it a shame we have to make excuses for doing the right thing, the thing that makes us happy and healthy? Remember you owe no one an explanation. You owe only yourself the rest of your life, and a long one, AL free.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Check in

Netty!!! This is wonderful to hear!
        Very well done, you will have such a great time sober at the party. Just have yourself an exit plan so you can leave whenever you feel you want to.
        Keep up the good work my friend!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Check in

Fabulous netty!!!
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Check in

Thank you, i think its time to go to bed its 1:45am. I've been studying all day and i know i haven't finished but i just cannot go on anymore. I have a good life and 99% of problems that i had were created by alcohol. I hope i will never forget this. Now i need to fall asleep. I always had problems with that. I just think too much and every night in bed i am meeting jury in my head. I hope today i am so tired i will just fall asleep.
            All the best...
            We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Check in

BTW, you can always say you're on meds (for sinus, allergies, hemorroids (lol) and can't drink. No questions, huh? Sweet dreams.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Check in

Good job Netty Keep up the great work.
                Meds are a great excuse...antibiotics for a chest infection (it IS cold and flu season)...or someother such excuse!
                You are a star!
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Check in

Well i am an weird alcoholic, but i do not want everyone know about it so driving is a fantastic excuse.

arent we all!!lmao!

Delighted to hear you are doing so well what you graduating from in college?

Comment

Check in

Network, good to see your post and congratulations on your studies. Hee hee. I too am a weird alcoholic. Glad we're not alone!! :H

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Check in

Hey Network, well done and congrats on the studies. I drive everyplace as well.:goodjob:

Comment

Check in

G'day Net!
                        Great to see you, and great to hear you're going well. Best wishes for your studies!
                        I'm a weird alcoholic too!

We are different from other people. Even if i could moderate, i reckon i'd end up going af anyway. The booze free life rock's, big time!
                        Take care buddy.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                        X