Off the bus ....and straight back on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt here very long before I got back on the binge drinking bus. Only 8 days can you believe and now it is every 3 or 4 and there I go again. My god I wish there was a magic pill, or that I could just BAN, BAN, Ban myself from alcohol.
    I am trying to understand why? I have had a very stressful couple of years, my husband is an Iraq vet who now has PTSD but we have worked so hard and now it is all coming right. I know WHY I have drunk in the past, to escape from this, but why now do I continue? I HAVE to put in place alternatives to escape, walking by the ocean, reading, watching a movie, but getting out of the house would be good. I drink because for me that is the escape. No more can I continue this, it is going to begin seriously affecting me, my job, my kids, my whole, whole LIFE! How can I allow this beast to win, to envelope and swallow me. I am such a strong woman, I have survived a very tough 4 years with my husband fighting on the front lines all over the world, on my own, holding the home front tight and strong with love and unwavering support. I CAN DO THIS, this little thing in comparison......but it is not so little is it? It digs deep within myself and I have to extract it no matter the pain, FACE the pain, and replace it with the life I yearn for.
    I am going to draw my plan up today and begin again this journey. Thank you for the support and understanding that I know flows through you all

hi serenity welcome to this great community.you will be glad you came here as you will get good advice & support. its good to put in a plan for yourself and set yourself some goals.It is very helpful but profoundly true & important principle of life,that the most likely way to reach a goal is not to be aiming at the goal itself,but at some more ambitious goal beyond.:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey.
      Im on day 2! Fancy a buddy? We all drink for reasons of our own.
      You sound so strong! You will get there.
      Take care. x

Comment

Hi Serenity,

You are in the right place these guys are great.You mentioned a magic pill, there are meds and supplements that help diff people to varied levels.keep reading and matbe see a gp if you havent so far.
        Good luck, you are resolved that is evedent so I know you can do it!!!

AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
        X