Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

aust_boy - 94 days AF - my story so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great post and thanks for sharing it. Yes, I agree that if you don't have the "will" then it's hard to find that way. Congrats on 97 days!!!

Big hugs,
    Janet
    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

well said aust boy,97 days is brilliant keep up the great work,believe in yourself.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Very well put Aust. Boy, Im going to read this over and over....

Comment

Thank you so much everyone! What an overwhelming response!

One of the most rewarding feelings you can experience is when you write from the heart and others truly hear you. That is the feeling that everyone who replied has given me and I thank you for it.

If I can inspire people it makes everything that I have been through far easier to stomach when I look back as you inevitably do. I may have had a relatively short career being out of control with alcohol but believe me when I say what I lacked in time I made up for in severity.

I myself have only been here since September but honestly, if you are new and you are looking for support - stick around, the people here actually care.
          "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Aust, thankyou. Very much.

Comment

I am in tears after reading your post... I am at my "right" time... And I truly believe your words were God given to me... PLEASE continue to write.... I will look forward to reading...

Love,
              Paige
              God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Hey aust_boy, fantastic stuff! I can relate to your brain analogy. I am 2 days AF, going into day 3, for the first time in 30 years! Thanks for your thoughts
                Penelope xx
                Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

Comment

Paige - If you make that decision in stone and feel that it is the right time for you and you alone and want to quit for you and you alone (although I am sure doing so would smile upon everyone else in your life) I'd put money down that you will be successfull.

Penelope - going on day 3 - first time in 30 years ? wow!! honestly congratulations!!. That must be TOUGH. I remember when 3 days was HUGE for me. Although like I said I thankfully had a relatively short career with alcohol. All I can say to you is think how totally fantastic it will feel to not have to feel guilt over your drinking, to not have to feel pain over your drinking, to not feel belittled over your drinking, to not have to apologise to anyone for anything over your drinking. I could go on but you already know everything I am going to say. It truly is simple once you make up your mind - just don't have that first drink and you are in no danger All the best!
                  "The pain of regret far exceeds the pain of discipline"

Kind of AF since 14/8/09

Fully AF since 16/4/11

It's been one hell of a ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X