Truth...not a good night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth...not a good night

So tonight my husband came home and wanted to have a glass of wine - he brought it home...I thought no big deal, I felt in control..and could handle a glass or two and I was fine until he decided at 7:30 he was ready to go to bed and left me alone to put our daughter to bed, clean the kitchen, etc...so now it is 8:30 p.m. and I am really frustrated that he is sleeping and I had to spend the last hour coaxing our little one to sleep, then finish cleaning up and still wake up at 4:30 for a morning run - needless to say I finished the bottle but will not be going back for more... any tips/thoughts or been there done that...would help

Truth...not a good night

maybe you can talk to your husband about bringing home alcohol to the house,as it is good to involve him in trying to help you.But at the end of the day its your choice and your doing whether you drink or not.there are always hundred of reasons why you should drink but there are thousands of reasons why you shouldn't.keep at it .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Truth...not a good night

Hi Happydays,
      Back in the day I thought it was my job to hoover up any left over alcohol in the house.

In my early days we kept no alcohol in the house.

Perhaps you could either ask your husband either not to bring the wine home or at the very least buy a small bottle.

Does he know that you are trying to stop?

Love Jackie xxx
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Truth...not a good night

Hi HD,
        Sorry to hear about last night. One idea - if he leaves you alone with a bottle, before you have a chance to take a sip, the second he leaves the room, pour it down the drain, quickly, then it's gone. Wasteful, yes, but rehab costs more than a half bottle.
        I also had/have a habit of finishing leftovers. Last night while making lunches for today, coffee for this morning, starting the wash, etc. I thought about taking a big swig from Mr. T's cognac bottle, and just said, 'nah, not worth it for just one sip.' Keep on trying.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.
        AF since May 6, 2010

Comment

Working...
        X