X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to 'My Way Out'

Firstly apologies to sensitive or delicate readers,

please read no more.

I have been on this website for several years.

What has happened to it, all the fire and guts seems to have leaked away.

I have just logged onto chat, and have been asked for my name and password, twice.

This is stifling the free debate and chat forum.
    When do you MOST need chat - oh yes when you are pissed or recovering.
    Just at the time when you are most likely to mistype a password, try again, gibe up and then go down tescos for another top up.

MYO has helped me in years past, but then it had 100's if not 1000's of users.
    Now my local scout group is more lively, ask yourself - 'where have they gone'?

This is an alcoholics forum, a place where they can unwind, chat and maybe be rude.

Gradually the fun has been removed by the politically minded bureaucrats, the randomness has gone.

We used to have loads of people on here, now there are a few,

I am a pirate at heart, undisciplined and open. The best help to th many surely must be helped by allowing freedom of speech.

Let it out, or you will sit in a dark room, drinking and holding it in.

LET CHAT BE FREE!!!

:upset:
    I have not failed 1000 times. I have successfully found 1000 ways that do not work.

Things change.
    People change.
    X
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

HUH????? I am not quite sure what your "beef" is and sorry that you don't get what you used to from MWO but please understand that there are people here who are definitely getting the benefits of this site. I mean, I will speak for myself....it has for me. Hmmm, I don't understand why you have to pay for chat and I never had a problem signing in, maybe it because it's been awhile since you logged on....I don't know.

Sheesh....I am very confused about your post, not quite sure if you are upset or sad or gosh I don't know..but again I know some people here benefit alot from MWO.

I hope it changes for you....

Confused...
      Janet
      AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

I disagree....this is not a Bar or a Pub. Not a place to "let off steam and be rude while pissed". This is a place for recovery, for respectful discussion to discuss, support and hopefully find answers and support.
        I have been here for over 2 years and this is the way it has been at mwo since I arrived. Many, many have received what they needed here.

I hope that you find what you are looking for!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I'm with Kate.

Don

Comment

Oh okay, so they were being mean....got it. Yeah, I agree with you guys, MWO has definitely helped me and there is no need to hear it...

Thanks,
            Janet
            AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

If it wasn't for MWO I would still be drinking...I've been AF for weeks and weeks! YAYYY!!
              It's never OK to be rude. This is a place where everyone deserves to be respected.
              I have never seen you here before, but I hope you find peace within.
              When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
              -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

if it wasnt for mwo,i would definitely still be drinking
                dont know what it was like before feb 2009 but it seems to work for me & many others,and i have had serious and not so serious conversations here.long may it last

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Things and people come and go. I have noticed some people I used to have fun with have gone, but plenty of great people are still here. I have not had trouble getting on chat and while on, I see plenty of people get on.

I have not seen people being censored, what I have seen is some people will disagree with, perhaps misunderstand, feel hurt, etc., well when you consider we are alcoholics, we are bound to be a little "raw". If we weren't we probably wouldn't feel the need to drink to excess.

This is a great place, I have been AF here and encouraged, I have been actively drinking and not been looked down on, rather encouraged to try again.

I think we can all get something out of this place, but that something might be totally different from another person's something. And hey, that's okay too. :l

Comment

I don't think the fun has been removed because people aren't being rude.

I get timed out occasionall, only if I don't use the site and am still logged in.
                    Thats standard practice on most sites.
                    Could also be your broadband dropping out.

Good luck anyway, just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad.

Comment

Some people go some people stay. Things never stay the same. We come here by choice, if you don't like what you see, no need to come back. It's all your own choice.
                      AF since 2/4/10
                      Nicotine free since 3/31/10
                      FINALLY FREE

Comment

I like MWO, it has really helped me out alot and again now that it's clearer to me of where this person was coming from, well that's just too bad (sincerely). However, I don't like AA, but doesn't mean that it gives me the right to walk into a meeting a let them know that, which is how I came about this site and it worked for me.

Perhaps MWO is not for you and you should definitely go out and find whatever works for you. In my opinion, it wouldn't phase me a bit if someone told me that they stood on their head to quit drinking, as long as it's working for them so be it......"different" but so what....they have a plan...
                        AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

The addition of moderators on MWO has been a plus from my perspective. All too often, people would say whatever they wanted (often in a drunken state) and offend or hurt alot of people. This behavior is not constructive for anyone, particularly for those who are struggling with alcohol. I do not see that happening as much here anymore.
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!
                          :lilheart:

Comment

Nothing has 'happened'. We as human beings, and a collective group, have evolved. People come, they go. Those here always want the best, but understand the possibilities when someone disappears. If not having free reign to post any and all thoughts that run through our brains, sober and not, is an issue, then there are other places to 'let it all hang out'. This is a place to find help. It's that simple, without explanation. I, personally, am sorry that even one goes away still searching, but I am alive, happy, thriving, and coping today because of MWO. I don't need the drama.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

rubywillow: Nothing has 'happened'. We as human beings, and a collective group, have evolved. People come, they go. Those here always want the best, but understand the possibilities when someone disappears. If not having free reign to post any and all thoughts that run through our brains, sober and not, is an issue, then there are other places to 'let it all hang out'. This is a place to find help. It's that simple, without explanation. I, personally, am sorry that even one goes away still searching, but I am alive, happy, thriving, and coping today because of MWO. I don't need the drama.

If MWO was like another forum I belonged to years ago, I doubt there would be as many members. I have only witnessed one that got...fussy..here. This is a GREAT forum, I plan on staying for quite some time..

momof3: The addition of moderators on MWO has been a plus from my perspective.

Keeps the wild ones from running loose and tearing the place apart. I agree with you MO3

DLA
                              Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                              Sir Walter Scott
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X