Work Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Ethics

I told several of you yesterday I'd had a rough day. Hubs is struggling with depression, and I will do whatever it takes to help him. He is 6'2", 205#, a master at his job, the one everyone goes to because, as the 'old man', and because he has a steel-trap mind, problems have a clear beginning and end with him. But rarely are his instructions followed through correctly. Rarely does he find someone who is interested in actually doing their job, not just getting through the day. And after 33 years, he's tired. Plus, we have our rental house business, and today toured the latest wreckage from a couple and their children we had tried many times to help. It's so bad, he says we will hire a cleaning crew, something we never do, since we always work together to get places back in shape to re-rent. These people moved without notifying us, left food in the refrigerator which is now running out on the floor, mounds of trash, holes in walls, ripped off vintage cabinet doors my husband's late uncle built, left feces on the floor. Burns, holes, food on the ceiling, black carpet, 3 months past due rent, and the man cussed me out when I called him. I could go on and on, about her brother we allowed to rent the mobile home next door who had a drunken fight with his wife and went into the yard and committed suicide last year, but I think you get the point. FINALLY, Hubs is caving under the pressure that I've been under, too, for so long. He wants to clean up and repair the places, then sell them, which makes me so happy.

My point is, it takes a while sometimes for us to really understand what is causing the stresses in our lives, and how bad we've allowed it to become. Hubs had to get almost to the breaking point, and now we have more than material damage to repair. My life is anything but normal, maybe because we extend ourselves too much. Irish's post really hit home today, because I always want to save everyone who crosses my path. I feel a responsibility because I HAVE had a blessed life; a loving man, healthy, beautiful, successful children and grandchildren, and the opportunity to do so many things I want to do. I've said before, and I DO believe, those of us with AL problems feel and hurt more deeply than some, and it's hard for us to deal with.

I love this site. I hope I don't drive you all crazy with all my posts, but you have saved me this last year. You have been my sounding board, my lifeline, my conscious, but most of all my friends. I was very much alone all the time before I met you, talking only to Hubs and my dogs every day. You have given me such a voice, and I love you all for it.

Thank you for letting me vent. This has been a rough few days. I'm hurt by the betrayal of this young couple we tried to help. I'm sick about the amount of work to be done. I'm worried about my husband, who is my heart. But I can come here, talk, vent, laugh, celebrate, and lose myself for a bit. You have made all my world so much bigger. Thank you.
    Rubes:l
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Work Ethics

Rubes,

I can't offer any advice, and you're not asking for it anyway...

Just a huge big hug, OK???
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Work Ethics

Ditto

Big :l to you!!!!!!! So glad you are here. Vent anytime
      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Work Ethics

Thank you guys. I just need to get this out today.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Work Ethics

Gosh, Ruby....I don't know what to say. It must be heartbreaking to see how horribly some people choose to live and to have such a lack of regard for your property. It makes no sense what so ever to me! No matter how poor a person is, cleanliness is a choice. Protecting property is a choice. There is absolutely No Excuse for Filth and Destruction of property!

There is my rant for you!!
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Work Ethics

Everyone needs to blow off steam once in a while Ruby and we're here to listen. Hope everything improves for you and hubs.

:l:l

Comment

Work Ethics

hi rubes life has got u down a bit,sorry to hear tht,theres som real slobs out there,pik the pcs up,and u and the big guy will figure it out,isnt it odd tht what others do can ruin our lifes,thts the change i guess you haf to make,not to be so giving, as u would say i hope this doesnt offend,gyco

Comment

Work Ethics

Wow Ruby. Keep your chin up.

It sounds that you have a great relationship with your husband which is a great asset as you go through these hard times.

My happiest days as I can recall, was the birth of my 3 kids and the days that I sold my 2 rental homes. There are definately easier ways to make money than renting out property.
                Goal: Stay on the wagon

Comment

Work Ethics

Rubywillow, I'm so sorry to hear of you and your hubs struggles. It just makes me sick to hear how some people can just use and abuse property that isn't theirs (they are the same as thieves) and how they can just tear people down. You have such a wonderful caring heart.
                  Wish I had some wise words for you, just want you to know I am thinking of you and hope you both get through this sooner rather than later and as unscathed as possible.

DLA:h:l:h
                  Of all vices, drinking is the most incompatible with greatness
                  Sir Walter Scott
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Work Ethics

hey rubes no words of wisdom, just wanna give you a big hug
                    draggy
                    life is simple its just not easy

Comment

Work Ethics

Hiya Ruby!
                      Don't forget the difference you make here, and the great presence you are on this site either.
                      Selling those properties sounds like a bloody good idea! Now, get that mandolin out girl! xx

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Work Ethics

rubywillow;760842 wrote: I've said before, and I DO believe, those of us with AL problems feel and hurt more deeply than some, and it's hard for us to deal with.
                        I agree totally with this Rubes...but it's easier to deal with the emotions when AL isn't involved.
                        You're a good woman Rubes.
                        My thoughts are with you & hubby...sell those places & get some space for the two of you.

xo

Comment

Work Ethics

And what a wonderful "voice" it is, Rubes! Wishing you & hubs a speedy trek out of the rental business, so you both can have some peace from this mess.

Big hugs!

Comment

Work Ethics

Some people just SUCK Rubes. We can't change the world but we can try. Never stop being loveable and sweet. It is who you are.
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Work Ethics

commiseration in multiples: my mother's ex boyfriend, a CPA in LA Calif wanted to give back, and John renovated a 24-apt bldg -- all new appliances, carpet, etc. He got it zoned for low-income housing ... doing his part.

Anyway, the units were repeatedly TRASHED! Within months of rental. ...just as you described. horrible desecration. He gave up within 1 1/2 yrs

Feel for you; such betrayal.

BTW: I've got 5 days!! but not going to post regularly until I'm on solid footing. Feeling really calm and clear today.

Take good care, Rubes.
                              Woman takes a drink, drink takes a drink, drink takes a woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X