• Show
Clear All

Work Ethics

:loveyou:
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Work Ethics

Thanks, again, SO much. I'm happy to see old friends, and new ones I hope who will keep posting. Sometimes those of us who are here a lot feel we overusing the space, but if one person is helped, one person feels the comfort I try to send, then 'SORRY' for my big mouth to others who get tired of me. I wish so much that those of you lurking would come into the light, and share. No one is perfect. We are all a cross-section of the world, so that means anyone can say what they feel. But the wonderful thing is, there are people here who can can help YOU change your life. It's almost magical, to be able to tell all those things we have been harboring in our hearts; ashamed, afraid, too timid to speak out. We are completely anonymous here, unless we decide to share details, and we can tell all those terrible thoughts and memories. I look at this as my safe haven, and have chosen to make physical contact with several beautiful people, who will forever be my friends and family. I hope this helps some of the lurkers make the decision to come out, because you are welcome, understood, and most wanted here.
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Work Ethics

Ruby....we could never tire of you! I always enjoy reading your posts and chatting with you in chat. Sometimes I do not post much due to work demands.....other times I can pop in and out all day!!

Love to You!
        xxx Kate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Work Ethics

Thank you Kate. You are a wonderful friend. And I forgot in my post. If you don't want to post online, PLEASE feel free to PM me. I would love to hear from all of you.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Work Ethics

Hey Rubes, so sorry you had so much dissapointment from those animals, in fact it's an insult to animals to even call them that...they are just dirty scum...

It is a sad fact of life that there will always be those that take kindness for weakness and abuse it to the full.

You are such a caring person of the difficulties of others in this site, I can imagine you are the same in your personal/business life.
            You & your husband do not desreve or need this in your lives, the quicker you can sell the properties, the sooner you and your husband can relax and enjoy your lives with your wonderful family as you do so rightly deserve.

:l:lsending a huge hug to you both:l:l
            :h:h

Comment

Work Ethics

"It's almost magical, to be able to tell all those things we have been harboring in our hearts; ashamed, afraid, too timid to speak out."

RW, it is a wonderous thing to be able to post our hearts on this site and know we will find love, encouragement and support. I always read your posts and have been helped in various ways by different things you have recognized during your journey to health and sobriety. :thanks:

I work with people like the tenants who disrespected you, the house, and themselves. People who act in that way are usually a mess and cannot function in any life area. They feel entitled and justify destroying and ruining things that others have worked hard to create. It is very hard if not impossible to deal with individuals with this attitude. :upset: The only person I know who is doing the rental thing successfully is a lawyer who has nicer homes that he buys and rents. He does a complete background investigation and has had pretty good luck. You and your husband sound like the best of people. It is great that you two were able to come to a decision regarding the rentals. So much better to face life challenges and really be there for your loved ones when you are AF.:h:h:l:h
              Redhibiscus

Comment

Work Ethics

Hi Ruby,
                It's always a pleasure to read your posts. You have your head screwed on and a lot of insight into what makes things tick.
                I have been thinking a lot over the last year or so as to what it is to be a person who doesn't have to resort to alcohol (for example) as a means of escape from life's troubles, but rather embraces the challenges that life brings, with fortitude and a smile, and I am tending towards the view that it's about breaking away from a reliance on what others think about us and how we live and simply doing the best we can and respecting ourselves for our effort and finding where our limitations lie and accepting them. We all have talent in some area. Mine are really simple and bring joy to me when I find that I'm achieving something through them. Other people are amazing at projecting their gifts while others don't believe they have any and this causes them pain. People like those who left your rental property in such a mess have no idea what anything is about and it shows.
                Occasionally, I'll let myself slip into the old ways of thinking and it's contact with good people like those here that reminds me to get back onto the path that I have chosen and not the one that I got lost on a while back. People can try and put me under pressure but I'm making the conscious effort not to allow it and it makes so much difference when the only one I have to answer to is myself. Obviously the way society works there are people that you have to please, at work for example, but I do my best and if that's not good enough I'm happy to have them explain why, which so far they can't because they're just on their little ego trip after having got themselves criticised by their 'superiors', and me , being bottom of the pile, make an easy target. I often wonder if these people behave like that outside work, for surely if they did, they would be beaten senseless every day.
                I wish I could write some more but I have to go to work now.
                Thanks for the posts and for reading this interminable drivel. Just a few of the thoughts rattling around my head.

Comment

Work Ethics

hi ruby,sending you big positive thoughts to you and your husband,to me you seem like a very,caring and understanding person.you are always there with good advice and support from the littlest problems to the biggest.hope you keep sticking around here as your input here is invaluable.. x joe

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                  I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Work Ethics

Hi Rubes,

Your post hit home with me in more ways than one. I work in the real estate, rental and foreclosure business and have seen it all. It is sad when you have compassion and try to help people who end up taking advantage of your good nature.

Stresses can bring you to the breaking point and that is not a good place to be. You are a very lucky woman to have your wonderful Hubs and family. The world can be really harsh sometimes and it's hard if you don't have a good support system. MWO has also helped me in that regard too. I'm really rethinking my life, trying to figure out if I need to put myself into those highly stressful situations basically for the income or can I get by doing something that I truly enjoy, may connect with people in a different way, although the income would be less. I'm at a crossroads myself.

Sending you best wishes and good vibes to you and your hubs.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Work Ethics

Ruby, I am so sorry to hear that you and hubby are going through a rough time right now, 'even through the darkness you can see the stars' comes to mind. Wishing you both peace and love :l

Comment

Work Ethics

Ruby there is nothing that I can say to you that has not already been said....I just want to thank you for all you are, and I feel that you hubs will be feeling better soon....it is time you you and him to enjoy the journey that you have built!!!
                        :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Work Ethics

Hi All
                          Ruby sorry to hear about the situation with the tenants. I had a similar experience years ago not as bad as yours. It is like a combo punch. You are out money and time putting ever thing back together but I don't know if that is as bad a feeling as the kick in the stomach by someone you are trying to help.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          AF 5-16-08
                          Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
                          AF 5-16-08

Comment

Work Ethics

Thank you all for your good thoughts, again. As I've heard it put, we cannot legislate morality, or ethics. There is a generation out there who, in the past would have starved and been lost, but now, because of politics, feel entitled. Many years ago, my Daddy GAVE a house and land to my Mommas bro. Later, that family turned viciously on them, and today, the property is very valuable. I pass it often, but, thankfully, have given over my anger, and turned the other cheek. I will NEVER allow my parents to be disrespected, but what they did is a wonderful gift, not to be tainted by the envy of those who don't respect, or care, about where they got a leg up. That is the past. I'm now planning for a quiet, country future. No more apologies for how I got here, I don't owe them. Hubs is getting the help he needs, and the greatest revenge is not success, it it happiness. We're going to start a treehouse next summer, with our boys. They get to design it, in a big tree, over our creek. For me, and Hubs, that is heaven. I pray that all of you younger readers find this peace one day. We've paid for ours, and it's time to enjoy it. I'm not sure about the BatCave they want, but we'll see.
                            sigpic

Comment

Work Ethics

Ruby ~ You will nver know how much your posts have helped me , I also enjoy seeing you in the chatroom .. :l I never tire of reading everyones posts ,( some more than others) :H Have a great weekend:l:l:l Em
                              Non Drinker 9/09
                              Non Smoker 6/09
                              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Work Ethics

Emmy;761335 wrote: Ruby ~ You will nver know how much your posts have helped me , I also enjoy seeing you in the chatroom .. :l I never tire of reading everyones posts ,( some more than others) :H Have a great weekend:l:l:l Em
                                Em, my daughters family have a dog (Molly) who looks a lot like your avatar. They ADORE her, and she sure puts up with a lot from 9y/o and 2 little boys. I was so happy when, after their house was broken into, Molly was found safe, shut in a closet but mad as hell. It's not in their nature to be vicious, but her family had been violated. She is truly part of us.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X