Work Ethics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work Ethics

Ruby , Irish Setters are wonderful dogs , Ivy is my walking partner, I can't even go near my tennis shoes without her running to get her leash
    Non Drinker 9/09
    Non Smoker 6/09
    Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

Work Ethics

Emmy;761354 wrote: Ruby , Irish Setters are wonderful dogs , Ivy is my walking partner, I can't even go near my tennis shoes without her running to get her leash
      Am intrigued, Irish Setters...we certainly think they are superb dident know u had them over there!

Comment

Work Ethics

Ruby-I know you've been having a hard time these last few days. It will be great when you can get rid if those rentals and get that stress out of your lives. A tree house sounds like so much fun. I hope you will post lots of pictures when you get it going!! :l
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Work Ethics

Well Well....what a timely post Ruby.
          I've been doing a bit of thinking about this stuff lately.
          I've always helped other people, thinking that it made me a good person (or appear to be) even at the expense of my own interests. It becomes a habit actually, prioritising other people above ourselves. Ironically it also opens us up to be abused. Unfortunately that seems to be a part of human nature. Then we become resentful. It doesn't work. We might even start........ Oh I don't know.....drinking ?
          I've decided to prioritise myself from now on. Then if I can help others I will. I've missed out on some pretty special stuff in my life because of this martyrish self sacrificing/sabotaging attitude. But not any more.
          Thanks for bringing this up Ruby.
          Bridge
          If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
          Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Work Ethics

Zenstyle;761569 wrote:
            I shall put a sticky on the fridge to remind myself of same....
            Actually I'm going to do that RIGHT NOW....
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Work Ethics

Thank you, beasty girls, I think. ROFL!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Work Ethics

Rubes and Emmy,

I had Irish Setters growing up. Loved them. They are high strung and like to run. Unfortunately, each were run over on separate times. Loved them dearly though as a young girl....that's all.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Work Ethics

Zenstyle;761573 wrote: The Screw You sticky is in place. Pink one.

Seriously though... have to keep oneself healthy and happy first and foremost. I know that already but I just need to keep reminding myself...
                  Do you know, an Aunt that I respect very much once said to me, that in order to make anyone else happy, you first have to make YOURSELF happy.
                  I was 13 at the time, and it has stuck with me. I just wish I'd remembered it at the most important times.
                  Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Work Ethics

byebyebridgetjones;761635 wrote: Do you know, an Aunt that I respect very much once said to me, that in order to make anyone else happy, you first have to make YOURSELF happy.
                    I was 13 at the time, and it has stuck with me. I just wish I'd remembered it at the most important times.
                    Your Aunt was very wise.
                    Wonderful!

Comment

Work Ethics

Bridg, that is a wonderful sentiment. It made me immediately think of my Aunt Ruby. Yes, WHY wasn't the gift of understanding given to us when we were young? We just HAD to stick our hand in that fire, didn't we? So now we know, and it's up to us to make THIS life, this year, this day, the best it can be under our current circumstances. Thank you, I'm filing this one as a keeper.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                      X